The Altamont at Avon Fields: 11/7 - Tee Sheets in Post 2773; Schedule in Post 2827

yeah man. its all Europe 72 for me

3 Likes

Arguably the greatest tour of any band ever.

2 Likes

I havent seen enough of these.

Cā€™mon people!!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just been informed that the number of tickets sold have been called ā€œrookie numbersā€

Buy some tickets jerks.

4 Likes

Can I buy 5 more for my kid? He sorta golfsā€¦

1 Like

Youā€™re not the boss of me.

2 Likes

All read up on SLS thread. What a fucking trip. Audibly laughed at quite a few things, sad I wasnā€™t there for everything.

9 Likes

Whatā€™s next on your reading list? TBC? Oregon Trail?

1 Like

Does @TreeTrunks have required reading?

4 Likes

Certainly not worth dropping what youā€™re currently doing, but if you find yourself bored over the next however many days you may find some mild entertainment here:
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/an-american-tail-jimithng23-goes-west/20637?u=jimithng23

Relevance: this trip only happened because of the SLS Duel to the Death.

6 Likes

This began a day or two after SLS

5 Likes

I mean Iā€™ve said many times, Iā€™m not a traditional Dead fan. My introduction was Box of Rain at the end of Freaks and Geeks, and I went from there. Iā€™m not a live show freak, but I do throw them on sometimes. I just think they have good tunes and curated a playlist of some of my favorites. ā€œRealā€ Deadheads can hate all they want, if thatā€™s their prerogative.

Literally have the Maxamania tab open already, was next on the docket. Been in and out of the TBC thread, too much wokeness for me. @jimithng23 that can come after.

3 Likes

The Oregon Trail thread is an all time great.

2 Likes

You guys have heard of @haywoodgolf right?

Right?

4 Likes

My sweet summer childā€¦live shows are the only way. First sets can function as playlists, sure, but second sets must be heard in their entirety. A great set is so much more than the sum of its parts. There are few greater joys in life than a perfect sandwich or even one with multiple layers. Dickā€™s Picks, Download Series, most Europe 72 shows are great and all available on Spotify. Happy trails, see you on the other side.

2 Likes
  • Brushed Silver
  • Black PVD
  • Raw

0 voters

• KBS Hi Rev 2.0
  • Dynamic Gold

0 voters

1 Like

wtf people get on the same page

3 Likes

I voted first, so they should have to fall in line.

2 Likes

Arenā€™t you on Team Stones? I get that there is a woke way to listen to the Grateful Dead, but who cares. They make art (s/o the newest attendee) and art is meant to be consumed in whatever way you want. You canā€™t put music in a box.

Thatā€™s honestly been my biggest annoyance with becoming a fan and listening to the Dead is people telling me how to listen to them. I get it, live shows are great and I do listen to the shows often when cooking or hanging with friends, but if I want to skip from 89 to 72 Iā€™ll fuckin do it. And some of their studio stuff is excellent, come at me.

1 Like