The Altamont at Avon Fields: 11/7 - Tee Sheets in Post 2773; Schedule in Post 2827

or you could hire these guys

3 Likes

If I hear that song again it will be too soon. Jam bands can eat my ass. So, so terrible.

3 Likes

Ohio going on the NYS naughty list is not great, Bob. One thing I cannot do is quarantine at home for 14 days and have a contract tracer contacting me every day. I have to go to work. If the event were this weekend I imagine Iā€™d not tell my folks, go off the grid, use the 24 hour loophole, cancel my flight, and drive 6.5 to Cincy, nap, end @tedscott, and bounce/drive the 6.5 back. Hereā€™s hoping it doesnā€™t come to that, or worse.

8 Likes

which one gets me a match against the legend @VelvetSteve?!

1 Like

Stones will get you there.

2 Likes

Deal! I will update my team in the spreadsheet. Sorry for delay.

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

@tedscott and @VelvetSteve my parents have a big place and bonfire (electric fire pit thing and an outdoor one) about 20 min NW of Avon. But before I ask, how many guys are we thinking would join? I have a fire pit but Iā€™m up between Monroe and Lebanon so more of a hike.

2 Likes

Right now roughly 20-30 people are interested in meeting up after the event.

That would be sweet!

1 Like

What part of town?

Fire pits are very dope!

1 Like

Please also make an effort to periodically take your temperature, especially the week leading up to the event. We all know there is going to be risk but it will be significantly lower if everyone takes proactive measures.

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to get tested 7 days out. Luckily my flight is refundable if the worst outcome happens.

3 Likes

We appreciate your diligence!

2 Likes

Colerain Township

1 Like

Honestly, if youā€™re not getting rapid-tested no later than the night before (with no symptoms), donā€™t bother. And if you have symptoms, stay home.

As the White House has shown, testing is not a preventative measure. Your 7 day old test really doesnā€™t do anything for us.

Sorry if that sounds dick-ish, but some of the COVID theater (not unlike TSA theater, etc.) really gets on my nerves. The best way to help everybody is (to continue, hopefully) wearing masks, social distancing and staying away from places where you canā€™t do either.

2 Likes

Ok, attempt 2. Hopefully doesnā€™t sound so rude.

The only way a test a week before helps us is if you have COVID, and none of us wish that on you.

A negative test 7 days out doesnā€™t help us, because it doesnā€™t account for the 7 days between the test and the trip. Unless you are planning on also quarantining from the time you take the test until you play. Which is unlikely, especially since you mentioned an airplane flight.

3 Likes

All good man, I have access to the rapid tests as well. Appreciate that you care about taking preventative methods. Nothing that you said was dickish.

11 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s a dick response although reading it as text may seem that way. I agree with @tedscott and @methridge about some strict rules and hope people stay safe. Really looking forward to a day where in-person hangs are less sketchy and I can dish out some hugs to my buddies.

5 Likes