The 3 Bed Room (NC vs VA) July 23 2022 - Pete Dye River Course Radford VA (sign ups at post 370)

Let’s get the Merch goin’ with that logo!!!

2 Likes

This is awesome

In for the Commonwealth!

3 Likes

This is the first time gordongolfs has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

where you from bro?

1 Like

First post, and headfirst into an event for the pride of his home state.

#welikethat

BTW @gordongolfs make sure you get your name on the Google sheet.

4 Likes

Hey Guys!
Lee Gordon here, Gordongolfs on your social media
Long time listener, first time caller. (does that date me?)

I hail from Richmond, VA currently, have lived up and down the Mid-Atlantic//95 corridor most of my life, golf and good friends have gotten me out of my beltway bunker plenty, always interested in new courses, hope to make my Sweetens pilgrimage this year!

Caddied most of my walking life, slung a drink or two for a few years, now find myself on the opening team down at Belmont Golf Course.

Happy to dive into The Nest fray headfirst!

6 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/uu9pmDP.gif

7 Likes

I swear I heard there is a big reno there going on?

1 Like

Start here

Updates are here:

And if you have 35 minutes to kill:

This one is project has me very excited. I used to play Belmont regularly before work a few years back, my kids are signed up for the First Tee program there, and I have directly mentioned the opportunity to the County Manager and my Board of Supervisors delegate more than once.

3 Likes
Merch options
  • Hat
  • Polo
  • Tee
  • Towel
  • Marker
  • Other

0 voters

I thought the NC side would fill up pretty quick…it’s almost like they’re afraid of the VA squad. Can’t say I blame them though

1 Like

its closer to a lot of those NC guise than the nova guise for sure too

they don’t want this smoke tho

3 Likes

May need to head over to the NC roll call thread and stir the pot a bit

2 Likes

We are official for an NIT spot to the winner, added to the official events now…

(booty dancing)

Price is looking set at $50
We are looking at MAX $39 for cart and 18 holes, if we get a few more it will drop a few
$10 of that is straight donation to the local Roanoke HS lower economic area team to promote local diversity in golf
$1 toward the trophy

That seem fair?

9 Likes

Sounds great. I think we might be able to add some additional fundraising as well. Let me stew on it.

2 Likes

I’m down for just about anything…being a noob to nlu events I just need to be told how to run things guise.

1 Like

I’m pumped this got NIT status!

1 Like

shout out @Double_Bogey_Dave for doing the people’s work behind the scenes.

I pretty much know it will go to someone north of the state line, NC is doing down.

3 Likes

Sounds like a great time! Thank you for planning this.

Looking forward to represent NOVA and the world greatest grocer.

Cheers

3 Likes

Gentlemen

@Shankapotomous and I are in the process of scheming up some golf on friday prior to our event. We are looking hard at the river course currently
https://www.petedyerivercourse.com/

Anyone else interested in a round down there on friday, 7/23?

7 Likes