TBC 10K - TBD whether its TBC or DOA

Spent LOTS of time, like Refuge-style time, on nancies.org back in the day.

3 Likes

@GRWhitehead

Are these the 5 Man shamble shirts referred to earlier? Or maybe just gift for The Bunny Club primo members?

I’m lovin it!

4 Likes

Logging onto The Refuge for the first time today…
https://media.giphy.com/media/OluyzCAatv35C/giphy.gif

Hey it made it!!!

1 Like

Before I wandered into this thread I always thought The Refuge is a nicer, golf version of Nancies. I met a girl in ‘03 from Nancies at a show and a year later, moved half way across the country for her. Shocker: it didn’t last. In my defense, I was 24 and really, really fucking stupid. Maybe The Refuge will spawn a romance for some lucky kids!

2 Likes

We tried that, kind of.

It wasn’t a good look.

9 Likes

Not spicy at all.

But…

Holden Caulfield and The Catcher in the Rye are both worse than anything TBC has done or ever will do.

2 Likes

My high school American lit teacher said “The Catcher in the Rye is a great and important book, but if it’s your favorite book at the end of this class then I’ve failed you” and I’m gonna be honest I think about that a lot

9 Likes

God I hated it. I read it at age 25.

I hate read it like I used to hate watch EAL videos.

7 Likes

Why isn’t the baby on the bag this week for the Greensboro tournament? Not ready yet?

9 Likes

What a loser. No commitment.

On one hand I’m like guis, the kid is four days old. Not a good look.

On the other, the kid is all over social media bouncing around in a golf cart which kinda makes it fair game.

5 Likes

Like a lot of older art it’s really difficult for us to understand how subversive it was for the time. It really is a great novel, but the sheer amount of media that we have now that basically tells the same story about angsty American teenagers makes it seem dry and derivative. Basically the same issue you get when you watch old spy movies—you know the turns and see the character moments coming from a mile away because Hollywood has spent 50 years copying them beat for beat.

8 Likes

I think it probably reminded me too much of all the things I hated about myself. It was just way too much of it.

A Farewell to Arms is my favorite book ever and it’s 20 years older. I don’t know if it’s subject matter or what, but I think “the times” is a shitty cop out for a bad book.

5 Likes

Hemingway won my heart with Farewell to Arms

Sorry

1 Like

He means the course is almost done being built right guise? Wonder if I can get the first tee time.

5 Likes

It took way too long reading about jeans for #sexjeans to appear

1 Like

We’re still seeing each other if that matters.It’s actually gone supremely well aside from the one guy who ruined the thread.

9 Likes

That’s fantastic news!

2 Likes

Hemingway #fuqs

Catcher in the Rye does nothing for me.

Same with The Great Gatsby…never got the fuss over it.

2 Likes