Some of you may be aware of the legend of the Sweetens Siege. In August, some 30+ members of the Refuge discovered they all had passes for the same day at Sweetens. Instead of just saying “cool,” we obviously decided to take it upon ourselves to bitch hard enough to get an NIT spot, come up with a logo, have a mini beer exchange, and make stickers.
Well, it was so much fun, we decided to do it again.
Same-ish time, same place.
Since we have a bit of a headstart this year instead of all of us magically deciding we’re going to get passes for one Saturday and discovering it 6 months later, we’re going to do it a bit more official this go round. I’ve already been in touch with Adamski and we are going to have the course for Saturday, August 12, 2023.
The Committee is working on price but we are looking in the range of $300-350. With that we won’t just get golf on Saturday. Here is what that price point will get you and what we’re planning as a rough timeline:
- Friday Afternoon: 18 at Brainerd, Chattanooga’s local Ross muni
- Friday Night: Cold beers at a local Chattanooga haunt (see: brewery) and working on either a BBQ caterer to come in or have the brewery provide.
- Saturday: Golf your tits off at Sweetens. Since we somehow fell ass backwards into an NIT spot this year I am hopeful @Double_Bogey_Dave will bless us with at least one for next year. Also hoping to work out a deal with the brewery from the previous night to provide some beers for the course.
- Saturday lunch: We need to #SupportLocal so we’re going to work on one of the food trucks (likely taco) to come for an hour and a half or so.
- A wonderful tee gift from the Merch Jester.
- A donation to a charity to be named later
As I said, we’re working on cost, so bear with us if it goes up a nominal amount, but all of that above will be included. Obviously as time goes on, we’ll have more details regarding logo, merch, raffle, beers, and deposit.
As most of you know, Sweetens limits the amount of people on the course on one day, so we are obviously limited by that. Because of that, we have to limit it to 40. This is the Refuge, so people are sure to sign up and back out so add your name to the bottom and you stand a good chance of moving up.