Strapped: SoCal - "Never Shake A Shaka" & Icarote

15 Likes

I loved @thefriedegg’s response on Twitter: “No Old Head?”

15 Likes

I guess we don’t get a trailer for this season that’s an homage to an HBO series or mid-90s movie?

/unsubscribe

4 Likes

6 Likes

Celebrating the return of my (no offense to any other NLU content) favorite series with a binge of seasons 1-5 the last few days. So many highlights to revisit - a few favorites:
Season 1 - Iowa: @MerchCzar travel issues, the Icarito at Veenker and my personal discovery that Iowa does indeed have elevation changes
Season 2 - Northeast: Janice and the pancakes, @Randy withstanding the disgusting interrogation by the C-Suite, and Neil’s right hand pulverizing the hair stylist in the charity boxing fight.
Season 3 - Louisiana: Gentle Ben and St. Rappeo, Maggie’s music & the boys rising from the ashes to salvage the money round
Season 4 - Reno: slaying the money round dragon, the ladies of Washoe and Mike Mason rattling of his CV of injuries and surgeries
Season 5 - Baltimore: (chanting) @KVV, M-V-P, K-V-V, M-V-P.

Can’t wait for Season 6

20 Likes

Ever better is the “Excited about this! But when is #Strapped coming back?” tweet

First words of tweet: “STRAPPED: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA”

10 Likes

@Randy can you confirm or deny rumblings of hitting the mega bonus?

I am willing to fund a Strapped on my own if it keeps meaning we get this content.

(Courses are still open here in NC)

If everyone checks their newsletter, they’ll see there’s a donation competition going on to pick the next Strapped location.

Did the C-Suite approve Oahu and the Big Island to be on this list?? Are @Tron and @Soly going to send the boys to Hawaii and make them play bottom of the barrel courses?! Would be the ultimate tease.

Either way, I’m supporting the cause. The Strapped boys deserve a vacation

12 Likes

Do we need a rig the vote thread to organize an effort here?

3 Likes

West Texas is the answer

Texas High school football

Oilfield

Ball goes for miles and is half dirt most of the time

Some actually fun courses

Guns

Cattle

Maybe they can Airbnb on a ranch?

Cowboy stuff

12 Likes

Low key my favorite part of Strapped is that they’re always matching outfits. Fits looking ready to play a high brow course, and rolling up on folks in jeans and tennis shoes, it’s the best

2 Likes

I put in for my hometown that has no chance of winning (Cedar Rapids). First, I’m shocked it’s even on there, and I’m sure the boys would love a return trip to Iowa.

Second, the reason everyone else should vote for it is I can explain the nuances and design strategies of Twin Pines where every green is literally round and crowned. Great family golf place.

1 Like

To be fair, substitute hockey for football and you have Alberta.

3 Likes

Lovely first episode - definitely digging the vibe of this season. And sitting here typing this with a tears in my eyes from that final song choice. Tip o the cap, @djpie.

14 Likes

Gonna go ahead and call that my favourite piece of NLU content ever.

The locale was stunning. The music (especially the opening theme) was so perfectly matched. The great play of the Strapped boys including @Randy’s quest for the megabonus was Italian chef kiss-perfect.

So good and leaving me so excited for the rest of the season!

13 Likes

That seemed to be the platonic ideal of a Strapped episode. The only thing missing was some hijinks surrounding a meal or finding lodging. Otherwise, everything was perfect.

5 Likes

First, I don’t see any contest for a Strapped location. Looking at the April newsletter. Help, @alexshreff!

Second, that was amazing. I’m wondering if/why the resident narc @djpie didn’t alert the C-Suite as Randy was threatening to go low…is it because he was never actually under par?

I have a buddy who lives in San Clemente. Never much thought about it but now I’m mad at him. That course was incredible for the value.

1 Like

Yea, one of my favorite Strapped episodes, and probably NLU videos ever. San Clemente is beautiful, the Golfer’s Journal is amazing and both the music and cinematography were top notch. Great stuff.

6 Likes