Peoria Korn(Kan) Ferry Tour Qualifier - TBD 2022 - (Also a Busch Light Mega-Thread)

Would anyone making the commute down from Chicago wanna stop in Normal to play the ISU campus course on the way back? I was planning on staying in Peoria until Monday morning and teeing off at Weibring GC around 9am. Greens fees are usually cheap and it’s an easy walk.

I’m an ISU alum and will take any excuse I can get to be near campus again.

1 Like

That’s what I’m here for, I was just waiting for something local before I came out of the darkness

1 Like

An NIT finalist has emerged! Welcome @mintbucket!

5 Likes

@kevjones Since you posted this, the thread has gone dead for 7 days!

3 Likes

That’s because it’s currently -20° here right now and we’re all frozen.

6 Likes

Current real feel is at -8, plus it’s snowed about 8 inches today.

I’ve literally spent all day dreaming about golf and wondering if I could stand a round when it warms up to 30.

1 Like

My buddies and I determined that the extended forecast showing a high of 44° on 2/28 is “definitely” warm enough to play golf if it weren’t for all the snow that will probably still be melting then.

1 Like

I’m hoping that when it hits 38 here in Chambana this weekend will get rid of a lot of it. It’s an uphill climb for a while but one can dream.

1 Like

Oh hell yes I’m in.

Hearing about this just put my plans of CCBBQ simulators this weekend in stone.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! Make sure you fill out the Google Sheet linked in post #1 so we have you down.

1 Like

Finally perused the event calendar and found this. Coming from FL, but grew up in the area, so I will do everything I can to make the event.

5 Likes

Hope you can make it, I’d love to redeem myself in your eyes after that debacle on #2. :grin:

3 Likes

Went ahead and booked the flight. I know I have somewhere to stay (Mom and Dad will be thrilled). Just need to tell the wife this is happening. I’ll get around to it…

Edit: and now the rental car is booked. I’ve mentally committed to this trip.

4 Likes

See you there!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s gonna happen.

2 Likes

Hey - @Q-school - are you going to join us in P-town?

1 Like

What r we talking about?

A little outing in Peoria/Pekin on July 10/11. Just a short drive down I74 for you to join us.

So, crazy enough, the school I teach at just let me know they’re going to be renovating my apartment this summer, and they are casting my wife and I to the winds while they do so. The upside is that they are handing us money to procure lodging for the summer. Since my wife’s family lives in Chicago, we are renting a place there for the entire month of July.

So, count me in for Strapped Peoria: Redux!

14 Likes

Will “The Biker Gang” be making a cameo?

1 Like