STRAPPED Location suggestion

The Brora towels. Strapped charity. Shoutout to the gents doing some real good out here!

1 Like

We getting the boys to the PNW?

3 Likes

I think Strapped: Spokane has some real potential if the munis are cheap enough. Lots of “Strapped content,” the stuff off the golf course, that could be used there I think. I especially want to see Randy visit and talk about Gonzaga basketball LOL

3 Likes

I was going to post in here but the “Golf Talk” thread has me shook. I don’t know if I can ever post earnestly again.

Vote Area 51

1 Like

Gotta hand it to the boys this is a fantastic fundraiser for Jax Beach. At current values Boston would get $300 and the losing cities total would net Jax beach $1500

1 Like

Strapped: Cincinnati or at least Ohio would be awesome

Check out the Costco doc

Augusta/Aiken would have a ton of quality options. The Aiken Golf Club is like a $22 weekday walk, and Forest Hills in Augusta (which I did not know was a Donald Ross design) is $29.

1 Like

Forest Hills being a Donald Ross design makes sense to me because when I played there as a high schooler, you couldn’t stop anything on those greens. Tough track.

1 Like

Strapped Peoria would be awesome. @djpie went to Bradley and we would all like to welcome him back. We have above average public courses at a below average price tag. $30 will go a long way especially walking. I’m not saying P-town doesn’t have its flaws, but for the thesis of this show… Peoria fits perfectly. I’m just worried about the Strapped Boys blowing their entire roll on $1 beers on Farmington Rd between rounds.

1 Like

I’m still a fan of strapped:Orlando there are some real hidden gems in the area plus they could get a good deal on a hotel. Plus they could film it now considering they would just have to drive down. Could serve as a roadmap for refugees needed to cash in a round during a family trip to the house of the mouse.

2 Likes

Are all those public + cheap? My in-laws live in Whintrop, and I love driving around Maine, but my game doesn’t allow me to spend more than $40 per round.

Yes, all public and relatively cheap. Lake Kezar is the most inexpensive of the three. Walking 18 there is around $25. The front 9 there has some good land movement and is much better than the back. The other two are a little more expensive. Bridgton Highlands has dynamic pricing and early morning rounds are around $40-45 and then it gets cheaper throughout the day. I haven’t played Poland Spring in a while, but I believe it was around $45 when I did

2 Likes

Reading through this thread gave me an idea. Everyone would love to have the strapped boys in their hometown but that isn’t possible even unless you have some of that Peoria money to throw around for the fundraiser. So it gave me two potential ideas for a sort of fan based strapped series
1)People enter a sweepstakes to get $500 from the C-suite to film a strapped like video at the location of their choosing
2) People on their own accord film strapped like videos at a location of their choosing and the top-3 submissions or something get a video from the strapped boys commenting on their trip.

5 Likes

I’ve mentioned it on this thread before, but after visiting kebo valley golf course this week in bar harbor, maine. It struck me again as a great place. 2 18 hole course and one 9 holer on mount desert island.(kebo, northeast harbor, causeway club) would likely fly into Bangor, which would open the door to some other courses to pick from as well. But it’s not just for the golf, the b roll from bar harbor and Acadia national park is absolutely top notch. Bar harbor has loads of bars and nightlife as well. And it’s all within a 20 min drive or less. Get away from the Florida summer or come in the fall when the colors are world class.

1 Like

Kebo is the 8th oldest course in the country , with some major history. Many presidents vacation and play there. Shit…the c suite could come for a lobster feed as well

You guys have to do a STRAPPED: Denver. Fantastic courses all over the city and would require some strategy to make the $ work. C’mon @MerchCzar & @Randy — let’s make that happen !

I think a Strapped: Houston would be Pure
Memorial is hosting the Houston Open in November and its $28 to walk (Twilight)
Gus Wortham did a major renovation last year and is only $26 to walk at twilight a whole $30 for a morning time
the third round could be at sharpstown for the true muni experience… or they could venture out to Mont Belvieu and play Eagle Pointe for super cheap

plus the food/ entertainment would be fantastic - hit up Harwin St. for the cheapest dumplings in town, traditional El Salvadorian Pupusas, home style BBQ… hit up Washington, mid town or the Heights if the mega bonus is achieved!!

I want to just see the guys show up to the airport and ask for the next flight out. Film the episode wherever they get tickets to.

6 Likes