Splash of OJ Roost Event - MARCH 30 - 2024 Sweltering Swamp Invitational (Gainesville, FL)

Due to the extremely active Roost scheduling of '22, the Sweltering Swamp Invitational has moved its date up to March 12, 2022. The event will be held at the same location as last year, UF’s Mark Bostick Golf Course. With the change in season, it’s possibly going to be sweltering, it could be raining, or it could be 92*, but it is definitely happening.

Note that if the area does receive heavy rain the day before the event, the course will be walking only as it was last year.

Waiting on any price updates but it should be similar to last year* (this will be updated asap)

Signups will be held until March 5th, so a little under a month, and I am sorry about the late notice, but the course has been booked up like crazy and finding a spot in March was tough.

Tee times will start at 10:30am and it will be held in a quota format.

4 Likes

ahhh not the weekend of the players lol

1 Like

It’s always something

2 Likes

Added a Roost column for our points race tracking

1 Like

All the more reason to play!

Take Thursday and Friday off to go to the tournament when it’s not quite as packed and parking isn’t a nightmare, play Saturday, and then watch from home on Sunday.

1 Like

if only work was that flexible with me, I have tickets just for saturday, like a fool :upside_down_face:

Hate missing this, I’ll be at Sweetens.

1 Like

I’m in! Absolutely love the UF course, can’t wait to get another crack at it.

1 Like

Is anyone interested in playing this Saturday March 5th for a warm up? Im in the Gainesville area and will travel to decent course. Uf womens golf team is hosting there annual tournament the same day at Mark Bostick.

1 Like

Hey guys, not sure if the tee times are set yet but I hate to be that guy. Any chance I could get one of the early tee times?? I gotta get back to Orlando when I am done playing!!

1 Like

That should be fine

When’s the tee sheet up

1 Like

I’ll probably release it Thursday in case we get any late signups/dropouts

2 Likes

checks Saturday forecast
jesus-the-big-lebowski

4 Likes

Notgreatbob.gif

I’m closely monitoring the situation. It might be the same as last year where the course will permit walking only and no carts

3 Likes

2 Likes

It’s with great sadness and disappointment that the 2022 Possibly Sweltering Swamp will be cancelled tomorrow due to monsoon weather affecting Northern Florida, and will be reconvening at a date to be determined in the near future. I appreciate everyone’s attention to this matter and can’t wait to get this back on the calendar.

8 Likes

I had my rain suit all laid out too. Damn.

5 Likes

@ASplashOfOJ WE ARE LIVE!

You want heat? I’ll give you all the heat and humidity you can handle.

Contact in and signed, we have the course on July 23rd, first group going out at 10am. You want heat? I’ll give you heat.

Here’s the new signup sheet

5 Likes

I needs the access

1 Like