South Florida

Heading to Naples next Thursday for a wedding coming from ATL. I believe we’re playing Naples Grande on Thursday. I am not in the wedding, but my girlfriend is leaving me some serious free time. Any where around y’all suggest to get out to play?

Miami golfer here looking for events to play and new golf homies!

2 Likes

Yooo @FrankTheTank305 just saw this!

Not many of us around Miami but I’m down here. I work 8-6 weekday hours so my only chances to get out are typically Saturday or Sunday. Shoot me a DM and lmk where you play.

Highly suggest signing up for an event in FL or anywhere else to get acquainted.

3 Likes

Hi South Florida refugees.

Long shot, but looking for recommendations of places I may be able to get a group of 3 on for golf this Sunday between Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach area. The original plan has fallen through, so I figured time to crowdsource :slight_smile:

TYIA!!

What’s up Floridians?!

Planning on spending a bit of time with family in Port St. Lucie during the month of March. Just here to gather recommendations for the best courses in that area. I have player PGA Village (both Ryder and the Dye course) and I really enjoy the facility there, but looking for other more day to day options (more affordable). Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Public options are mostly south of PSL, and include Champions Club at Summerfield, Lost Lake, and Hammock Creek. If you haven’t played Wanamaker at PGA, highly recommended. A few others I can’t speak to, like Champions Turf Clubs and The Saints :man_shrugging:

Speaking of Hammock Creek, will you be here on March 11th? If so, join us!: Splash of OJ Presents: A Day with Barbara @ Hammock Creek GC (Palm City, FL) Mar 11 2023

2 Likes

Ditto what @LiveAdam said - also Florida Club (aside from the 18th hole) is a solid public option, probably my favorite in the area.

Feel free to hit me up when you’re in the area - I’m about 15 mins south of PSL.

3 Likes

I should be there by March 11th actually! I’d love to join! I’ve played Florida Club and Hammock Creek, and the Saints is very close to my dad’s house and I’ve played it. The Fox Club was great but seems to have gone private…

2 Likes

Would’ve been an immediate recommendation, but alas… recently had Bridgestone and Skechers commercial shoots out there.

I played it once, solo dew sweeping round, and the place absolutely slapped. 18 minutes door to door from my dad’s place is PSL… Truly unfortunate to see them going all C-suite on us

1 Like

It goes back and forth, was originally all private as the Cobblestone CC and couldn’t maintain membership and got bought by an Irish investment team and branded as Fox Club. Now it goes to Cape Club, but who wants reciprocity in Massachusetts? (no offense to anyone :wink:)

1 Like

Funny you mention it, Fox Club definitely had big time private club feels, and I took full advantage of the sprawling locker room area with the popcorn machine :rofl:

1 Like

Would say this is really solid. Played it three or four times last year.

Here for three months this year, playing out of PGA National. If there are any meetups planned, would be open to playing.

1 Like

Florida friends!

I will be in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area late May into early June, looking for some suggestions for good public golf. A quick overview on google maps lays out many many options, so I figured I’d turn to a trusted source. Normally I’d assume just check off something like National or Doral, say I’d been there, but most of the others joining me would never pay those kind of prices, so Im hoping to find the hidden gems.

Thanks in advance everyone

Waddup @Colty - I live in Miami and cycle between Miami Shores, Normandy, Miami Beach, Emerald Hills, Jacaranda, and Hollybrook.

Hollybrook is the honeyhole when it comes to price and quality. It’s a 55 and up community that is only open to the public in the summer, starting in mid-april if i’m not mistaken. Greens are not as fast as any of the other courses mentioned but they roll true and the course is very well maintained for the price. The selling point is the price, around $40-$50, so that is your budget deal. Stop in the bar or byob if you want to have some drinks on the course as there is no beverage cart.

If you are looking for a more memorable experience, Crandon is a difficult course that also provides some beautiful views as the routing meanders through the mangroves Key Biscayne. It’s one of the better munis in Florida but has some chewed up spots here and there. All of the other courses are good quality and will cost between $75-$170.

Palm Beach par 3 is just 45 min north from FTL and worth the drive if you can squeeze it in.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!

What’s the best practice facility around St. Lucie county or close by? Any night ranges under the lights?

Hoping to get some help!

We (myself and my wife and 2 daughters 3 + 1) are at the point of deciding between moving to South Florida (Jupiter WPB) or Conneticut.

We had previously been living in NY, now in Europe.

Any and all advice would be appreciated on how difficult it is to get kids into schools, integrate into community, what are things that I cant know from scolling zillow and speaking to re agents.

Given we have no priors - any info, at all, would be greatly appreciated and I thank anyone in advance for taking a moment out of their day to help out.

1 Like

If you enjoy cold bitter winters and Noreasters then Connecticut is your place to be. If you prefer year round golf, amazing boating, fishing, mosquitoes, gnats, spring like weather for 3-4 months followed by scorching hot and muggy summer for 8-9 months then come on down! I cant assist much on the details of Jupiter as a life long Miami resident but I do visit the area monthly to play golf.

1 Like

How bad are the summers? Level with me…:slight_smile: