South Carolina is Hot! Hot! Hot! July 24th NIT Qualifier TEE TIMES ARE LIVE!

The date and times are confirmed with the club. We have 10 tee times starting at 2:00PM on Saturday July 24th. Cost is $55 per player and includes a cart. First forty players can sign up here:

The Country Club of Lexington is my home club…and also the club where @LukeBoatright hung his hat for a while.

CC of Lexington has been heavily displayed by our local PGA Tour Pro Wesley Bryan and his brother George in their YouTube videos like this one:

I’ll work on some options for dinner Saturday night and a Sunday morning round somewhere else.

Our charity of choice will be Pawmetto Lifeline, a local no-kill shelter in Columbia, SC. More details to follow on that in next few weeks.

19 Likes

Can’t wait to be three holes deep

2 Likes

Efforting a deodorant and water sponsor…

2 Likes

Gold bond needs to be involved as well

2 Likes
1 Like

The Famously Hot Open

3 Likes

@Paden @tigergolftraveler @Churchie get in here!

2 Likes

In for this. Love the charity choice too. One of my parents’ cats came from there.

1 Like

@drv4show thanks for you efforting on this.

I am really excited for everyone to come play. As Mr. Show mentioned this was my last job in the golf business. I was then a member for a number of years before I decided to hate golf for a while. The golf course is fair and fun. CC of L has been a USGA Mid-Am qualifying site in recent years and is the longest running host of the SCGA Junior Championship which it hosted for over 40 consecutive years.

5 Likes

Hot as a mf’er

1 Like

Very interested. Have some conflicts to work out, but I’d love to play it.

1 Like

Hahaha I love a good round of golf in the oppressive July heat.

2 Likes

i was trying to think of a name and it was right there the whole time.

1 Like

thanks for putting this together @drv4show. seeing as i won’t be making the Hootnenany this year, i am looking forward to a meetup here in our backyard. also since we will all likely die of heat exhaustion and/or a severe thunderstorm, i can’t think of a better way to go out.

2 Likes

signed up

6 Likes

hell yeah!

@2ndGuyStripeShow @bogeytax @PGA_ALLTHEWAY

2 Likes

Sorry you guys. I put this in the roll call thread but I’m headed to sand valley that day.

Helpful hint if you’ve got a good round going. It’s a very firm and fast ~230 to the hidden pond on #18, prominently in play. On an otherwise good layout, #18 is a yuck club candidate. I repeat, unless you can count on a high fade over the right trees, you’d best be served hitting 3i-3w-wedge.

1 Like

@JCO get your ass in here

4 Likes

you’re already here…welcome!

3 Likes

I hit into that pond from all the tees round after round…driver or 3 wood. I’m not a fader of the ball but by the time I get to #18 tee box I believe I can fade it. Sunday I went driver, 3 wood to the fringe and made birdie.

1 Like