So we have Bag Tag Barry, what do we call the guy who always has the newest gear, but still no game?

Rich

2 Likes

Terminally Clueless!

GolfWRX Gary

6 Likes

Topical: I hit the University of MN driving range Friday afternoon - huge space with all walks of golf life grinding away at the Mpls/St. Paul border…great scene and because of the U’s turf management program, it’s usually in awesome shape. Anyway, two stalls over was a middle aged guy working a 150+ ball jumbo bucket with a full PXG tour-sized staff bag complete with iron covers. He was at least dressed casually (assume that equipment setup is usually accompanied by head-to-toe Travis Matthew or J Lindberg), so it wasn’t quite as bad as it could’ve been. Great contrast to the old guy in the button down and John Deere hat right next to him though.

Based on his swing, I’d guess about a 25 handi, but obviously drop two per side thanks to the PXG’s and at least another stroke thanks to the clean irons has him playing to a 20 at most.

Definitely the most decorated #trooper I’ve seen in the wild…

6 Likes

Pro Shop Paul —very good
Demo Day Dave — Better
Rich— I would disagree, I have seen the tendency for constant club switching in variable income groups.
I know guys with cash to burn playing 15 year old sticks

I have also seen the tendency to constantly upgrade / change in both good players and hacks

1 Like

All the gear, no idea.

Tour Truck Tim

4 Likes

Lol, I just came here to post “Tour Truck Tom.” Great minds…

3 Likes

New Shit Sherlock

23 Likes

that’s it guys, Brick has nailed it.

2 Likes

I’d like to go on record as being against Demo Day Dave for this type of person.

My reasoning: I’ve would say this name is more appropriate for that person who goes to multiple demo days just to try the latest and greatest, but has no intention of switching clubs. DDD still has a set of callaway x18’s and a 1st gen Cleveland Hi-Bore.

7 Likes

Demo Day Dave just wants to tell everyone how the new driver couldn’t beat his old trusty.

9 Likes

I’ll concede that & fully support Tour Truck Tim/Tom.

3 Likes

Trust Fund @Tron

4 Likes

This rhyme only works if you’re from the UK

8 Likes

Trestle Sticks Terry

MickleStix Marty

1 Like

Did you make sure to thank him for his service?

1 Like

didn’t want to interrupt the progress he was making!

Which I am

1 Like

Pro Shop Paul buys off the rack.

Tour Truck Tom has to tell how how many degrees he had his lies and lofts adjusted and makes sure you see his custom wedge stamping.

3 Likes

I resemble this statement