So we have Bag Tag Barry, what do we call the guy who always has the newest gear, but still no game?

As the title says, is there a good name for this guy?

Demo-Day Dave

20 Likes

Not sure he has a name. But he usually shows up in a late model BMW convertible and has a staff bag for no more reason than having the M6 with a $600 shaft in it.

2 Likes

Pro Shop Paul

15 Likes

Played with one of these guys on Saturday. He has done extensive “testing” on the three different drivers he has and is constantly tinkering with loft/ lies of his irons (with iron covers on) and was extremely picky in playing only his own customized balls. He thought he was impressing me and I’m pretty sure trying to alpha me, but no way he sniffed breaking 95 while I shot 71 (+1). Mind you I have only broken par once in my life and was trying to grind to shoot even par for the first time ever. On the 18 tee box he was still talking about the custom hats he wears while I was taking my practice swings trying to make a clutch birdie.

5 Likes

He bought the M6 driver because he drives a BMW M6

4 Likes

Flash Face Felix

2 Likes

I’m a Clearance Rack Clarence. Only club I’ve ever paid full price for was my putter.

4 Likes

Homicide is justifiable, in some cases…

It was also great to have his giant cloud of vape smoke blow by my face as I was about to swing on multiple tee boxes.

1 Like

And that’s when I killed him, your Honor.

Oh, well you’re free to go.

7 Likes

No chance they’d ever find the body if I were in your shoes.

3 Likes

A buddy of mine who’s always buying the newest snowmobile every year found out the guys at the shop referred to him as “easy money”…

Guessing they regret letting that one slip as he’s switched brands and dealerships as a result.

6 Likes

PXG Pinocchio

2 Likes

Trestle stick Terry?

2 Likes

If the title included “training aids,” I would have recused myself from the Refuge.

1 Like

You shut your mouth when you’re talking to me.

5 Likes

Bob Parsons.

18 Likes

This is the winner so far. PSP

Same, there isn’t a single club in my bag that I paid full price for. Just picked up a brand new M2 Tour 3 wood for $130.

1 Like