Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

If it was my putter, I’d leave the TM-8 on the bottom how it is, do the sight lines both in white, the Maxfli and Tad Moore logos in white, and do your initials on the back side all teal. But you do what you think looks best!

Mark can photoshop the colors in so you see what it would look like before he actually does it, and even if you don’t like it after it just wipes off easy and he can redo it.

These are so sick. I would love to send some work your way in the near future. Wedding/Birthday gifts my own personal greed!

Def start your own thread and get cooking my man!

2 Likes

@Bullseye that Arnie putter cover is gorgeous

1 Like

Wow…For being made out of curtains, those first covers are AWESOME!!! I wish you were selling them.

2 Likes

Alex does have good taste… I’ve had a lot of people request to match the finish/color of the putter I did for him back in December

2 Likes

I appreciate all the support guys! I gave my handmade golf stuff a new home - This is handmade quality shit we're talking here

2 Likes

Just a minor update here interrupting your Friday US Open viewing. All of the materials are in and prepped, except for the mesh. That should be here tomorrow I think.

• I need to sew button holes on the flaps and buttons on the pouches
  • The strips of leather at the top and bottom are for reinforcement and minor structure to the bag
  • Once the mesh shows up I’ll sew the water bottle holder and large pockets on
  • After that it should be easy to zip the bag up and be in business
  • Peep the NLU flag courtesy of @mthoma12, the Tile tracker is here and will get integrated too. Coming together nicely!

I’m taking a half day today to get a little work in on it (and 9 holes), and hopefully we’ve got a bag by early next week!

16 Likes

LOL that’ll be bag design number 2

2 Likes

This weekend was pretty productive, folks. I’ve cleared my schedule and plan on powering through to get the bag done completely tonight.

No pictures yet, I’ll post a big update in the morning. I did have a little free time this Saturday before the mesh showed up and made a headcover that turned out pretty well, and will definitely be an offering if/when I start selling these.

In all seriousness, it’s time to start thinking about who/when/where this thing goes first. I’m located here:

As contributors, @sundaybag @tedscott and @mthoma12 get first dibs on it. I believe @mthoma12 called dibs for his Scotland trip next April. It might be cool to have the BCN boys to hand it off to @TomCoyne when he swings by in August until he plays with some fellow Refugees again? But ultimately up to them as they’re donating a towel for the bag.

I’d ultimately like to hand it off in person for the first trip if someone wanted to meet within 4 hours or so of NW PA, but if one of the 3 above want it first I will gladly mail it for its maiden voyage.

I’m also thinking we’ll create a google excel sheet for anyone to put down cool trips/events they’d like it for, and as long as it’s economically feasible, we’ll try to pass it around at random but still send it out to those that would like it for trips.

It’s getting real!

edit: here’s the flag that was graciously provided by @mthoma12 to house all of our signatures. We’re going to need to get this in the hands of a lot of people to fill it up before it goes to the Killhouse.

9 Likes

im in for a 3w cover

1 Like

A couple of options for me:

• I get up to Cincy every once in a while to see my wife’s family and we are due for a trip. It’s about 5 hours give or take, so that may be out.

• You could mail it to me and I could make a Sweetens/Sewanee weekend out of it and meet up with a Refugee making their pilgrimage to pass it off. Sweetens is closed for the next 2 weekends for events, so it would have to be after then.

Also, have any of the NLU dudes said they’d hang it up or are we assuming?

Cincy is just going to be too far for me to get to I think unfortunately. Totally fine with passing it off in person first and then having that person send to you for a Sweetens trip. Lots of guys down there by you so it should be easy to get it going down there.

They have no confirmed, but this flag is absolutely huge, so I fully expect it to take us at least a year or two to fill it up, so the flag won’t need a home for a long long time. We can figure out that detail later. Worst case scenario we’ll hang it at BCN.

1 Like

Pumped for tomorrow update. We are ready and willing to accept whenever the time is right. The mid-August date is special for BCN and the scenario surrounding it, of course.

If this baby somehow migrates over to the Northeast, I would love to tote her for a round or two. Cabot trip over Labor Day would be choice, but would be honored to shepherd the Shreff Fun Bag around whenever the opportunity presents itself. Sidenote - does this bag have a name?

1 Like

Signing up for that New England circuit, maybe a pilgrimage up to Taconic

2 Likes

take @anon26814599 along for that ride

would love to take it to Bethpage,. maybe even have a LI group share it for a weekend out on those tracks?

2 Likes

I’m going to play the courses at Turning Stone this weekend, but whenever the bag makes it towards LI we will be sure to show it a good time!

1 Like

I like the sound of this northeast trip happening for the bag sooner rather than later.

Would anyone want to meet up in upstate New York or eastern PA to hand it off and get it on the way to LI/the NE? Looking at in the next week or two