Scotland trip thoughts?

Morning all…

I was due in St Andrews for a few days in May which obviously got cancelled and has now been pushed back to October. (Travelling from England) due to this I’ve been able to twin this trip with another group trip with different people so I’m up there for 6 nights. The initial plans are:

Thursday: Dornoch Am Brora Pm
Friday: Moray old Am Cullen Pm
Sat: Cruden bay

The others then head back home playing silloth on the way I think whereas I drive down to meet the next group.

Sunday: Lundin
Monday: The new course
Tue: Elie
Wed: The old course (hopefully, with all that’s going on I may have an increased ballot/singles queue chance)

The second part is pretty much set in stone as that’s the part that’s been booked and deposits paid for. The first part however is free to move around, the only booked round is Cruden.

My problem is that I’ve now seen that Royal Aberdeen goes onto the shoulder rate when I’m there bringing it down to £90 I think so it’s a good case to stick it in, however this is the first day open after their maintenance week. Is this going to greatly effect the standard? I’m guessing not? Also can anyone offer any suggestions to potential changes to improve?

Granted we could stick Castle Stuart And trump in etc but that would rocket the price.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Try Nairn fantastic course but not sure of the green fee in October also Moray Old is worth a try

If you don’t mind playing 27 holes a day then Anstruther is a great 9 holer that would be perfect after 18 at Elie, and the village also has the best fish and chips in Scotland!

I’m from St Andrews and it’s rare in normal circumstances that you don’t get a ballot time in October, and I’d think that with less international travel you’ve got a fantastic chance at getting on.

1 Like

Thanks- I looked at Nairn but went for Moray instead. I mean I could do Nairn and Moray dropping Cullen however Cullen just looks so much fun. Suppose this is the problem with so many great courses up there!

I’m interested to see if some of the courses start dropping rates to attract UK guests to compensate lack of international. Not so sure they will however.