Royal County Down

On holiday with the wife in Ireland, got a time at RCD tomorrow at 11:45. Anyone on here that live in the area or have contacts there? Looking for someone to play with.

Cheers
Al

Played it back in July, it was an unforgettable experience that went by way too fast. Hire the caddy, they are like bloodhounds finding gold balls.

@AllanTB2 I’m up in Belfast but no contacts at RCD sadly. Enjoy the round, I’ve never played it but its on the bucket list. Let us all know how you get on!

Playing there in October - let us know how it goes!

Wow! What a place!

Straight to the top of the list. Cliched but the front 9 is outstanding. Played off the forward tees as they’re still technically on winter rules so played shorter than normal and didn’t really feel the difficulty off the tee, hit a lot of irons.

Approaches are challenging with anything over a gap wedge. Weather was perfect, clear and dry with a decent breeze.

Everyone, literally that I spoke to was brand new, great staff and my new RCD pom pom fairway headcover now takes pride of place next to my Highland Cow driver cover.

Advice: Play it!!!

if you can plan and want to do 36 play Ardglass Golf club. 55 pounds off season weekdays and the front nine is great. Perfect after RCD

2 Likes

How did you enjoy RCD then?

@AndyDowney Review above mate. Was F*ckin class!

Has to be the “best” course I know the least about from a design and technical standpoint outside of where it is, general conditions, etc. not sure I could pick out more than 2-3 holes there.

Everyone I look at video or picture of the course I’m immediately inspired.

Enlighten me, Refuge.

1 Like

Spectacular links course and lots of fun to play. Plenty of blind shots, beautiful views, bearded bunkers, and surprisingly small greens. The dunes are relatively subtle compared to most of the other great Irish links courses. The staff are very welcoming to visitors and whilst it certainly feels like an exclusive club there is a distinct lack of stuffiness.

1 Like