Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

Just outside of Chicago

7 Likes

I have played Chaska many times, but the last time was probably almost 10 years ago. Anyhoo, itā€™s a fun courseā€¦it wonā€™t change your life or anything, but worth checking out if youā€™re in the area.

2 Likes

Perfect. Good enough for me. Iā€™ll be hanging in and around Oshkosh and Neenah so Iā€™ll check it out.

4 Likes

Lol have never heard this. Thanks for sharing. Iā€™ll have to show my dad.

1 Like

Was out walking the dogs this morning at my in-laws house. Came across an unattended bag in the middle of the sidewalk with Titleist T200 irons (I think), a nice Chicago head cover on the driver, some nice bag tags, and some shoes sitting on the groundā€¦too bad the person wasnā€™t around so I could get out with them this morning.

3 Likes

Looks like that game is 10/2 so the weather should be decent but there is a ~ 50 degree window of what the temperature could be at that time. Plymouth is 15-20 minutes from the Kohler courses so they canā€™t go wrong with any of those. Dollar for dollar, Iā€™d put the Irish as my #1 of the 4. Other than that there is The Bull which is a Niklaus and has some differing opinions but I enjoyed. There are two little par 3 courses, Evergreen & Sunset Hills, which are like $10 to walk but fun to mess around on with a few beers. Evergreen winterizes their greens pretty early though so look out for that. Food wise, Deoā€™s Pizzeria is one of the best pizzaā€™s Iā€™ve ever had.

2 Likes

I believe the Kohler courses will start their fall rates on October 3rd so the Irish or Blackwolf could be great options if you played the Monday after the game (The Irish is typically ~$100 with fall rates). If youā€™re playing the Saturday before Iā€™d look at The Bull (15 mins from Plymouth), The Bog (35 mins), or The Baths at Blackwolf for a great par three course.

2 Likes

For anybody who should care, just a quick scroll through the WSGA Mid-Am leaderboard I see both @Syvm64 and @ajvhandel on the leaderboard. I, unfortunately, had a meeting come up that I couldnā€™t miss and had to NS for the first time in my life.

If I missed anybody else, Iā€™m sorry, but those were the 2 I saw who I know are on here with a quick glance through this afternoon. Hope to see any of you playing near the top of the leaderboard.

3 Likes

Thanks! Didnā€™t play great out there today, but also didnā€™t start out with a quad (ala State Am Qualifying)! End up playing with another NLU gui in my foursome (no longer nest member after the paywall - RIP)

Keep an eye out for @Syvm64! Heā€™s killing it!

3 Likes

Happy to jump in here and raise my hand that I am also not

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t going to doxx anybody, but yeah. @Syvm64 is having himself a summer!

Thanks everyone. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll turn back into a pumpkin tomorrow but itā€™s fun right now for sure.

7 Likes

Definitely a random question to throw out here, but why not.

Iā€™m looking to set up a Bandon trip with best friend to celebrate our 40ths, looking at during his Spring Break in 2024 (first week of April).

If I can find the lodging, anyone interested in being the 3rd/4th?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

You know they opened this time frame up yesterday right?

Yes. I found out at about 9:00 PM last night. I wasnā€™t planning on having to have things organized for another month or so.

3 Likes

This scared me. Iā€™m looking at booking June 2024 and called but only taking reservations through April. Iā€™m in a similar boat with one buddy locked in and will probably be looking to fill out the foursome. Also my 40th present to myself, but a year late due to Bandon being full for 23.

1 Like

If Chris decides he doesnā€™t want me (or forgets due to age) Iā€™ll go with either of you old men. I just need Bandon to happen.

You already know youā€™re in, but thereā€™s one more spot if anyone wants to join before I start reaching out to other people/threads.

To be clear, 3/31/24 (Easter) - 4/4/24. Lily Pond double queen rooms.

1 Like