Roll Call: Wisconsin - Hibernation

I just have to add to the EH loves fest in here. Every time I’m in the area I am looking to play it. If you are taking a caddie I have a name for you. Buddy and I got him last time out and he was fantastic.

If it’s not Alex Henke, what are we even doing?

My mom recently moved to Stoughton and I am planning on going up there in June. Does anyone know if Stoughton Country Club fully private? Their website says they are a private club but they list rates and I’m able to see the tee sheet. I’ve never seen that much access from a private club’s website.

Yes, it’s fully private and you might be able to get on by calling the shop. Especially if on a Monday or Tuesday. I used to work there and Wednesday through Sunday are very busy. But it is a fun track to play, IMO.

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you. I just got off the phone with them and the GM answered. He said to email him the dates I’ll be up there and it shouldn’t be a problem to come out and play.

1 Like

Putting together a quick trip with a couple of my kids. We’re headed to Wisconsin since I couldn’t get Sweeten’s passes.

Sunday: drive to WI from Indy and play the Sandbox in the afternoon
Monday: all day passes at Lawsonia
Tuesday: Wild Rock (and possibly the short course) before heading home

This trip is somewhat budget limited but the SV portion is an attempt to give the bug to my recent college graduate. With his upcoming salary, maybe he can treat Dad to the all-expenses WI trip in the future.

2 Likes

I haven’t been to SV yet, but can confirm you’ll have a blast at Lawsonia and Wild Rock. Just did that last weekend and both are awesome.

2 Likes

Driving up from Chicago next Friday to play Erin Hills with a buddy of mine. I’m a 16 handicap, my buddy is a 5 and we plan on getting a caddy. Any inside tips for a few first-timers at EH?

Get there early, hit some balls, roll some putts, visit the store. Take your time and soak it in, the course can be gettable and even with the rough, you can find your wayward shots. Its a delight to play there.

3 Likes

What @theDaveT said. Other piece of advice I have is play the right set of tees for the distances you both hit it, even if that means you might play different ones. It’s a long walk, you’ll have a ton of time of chat between shots.

Don’t play too long or too short. Caddies can help with this too.

Awesome, appreciate the advice!

The short game area is the best I have ever seen. Make sure you make it over there. I could spend all day just bouncing around there.

1 Like

Erin Hills is extremely playable from the right tees. Dont get suckered into playing far back because you’re playing with someone better than you or because its a US Open venue.

Also, wear comfortable, waterproof shoes. Even if its not raining, WI can be really dew-y this time of year. It is a big ballpark and it is a far walk. Have fun!

2 Likes

I played it 2 summers ago and was around a 16 then. I was super nervous heading out there, but it was an incredibly enjoyable round. You’ll be fine!

1 Like

all of the eagle springs talk on the other wisco golf trip thread got me in the mood.

anybody wanna hit that up this weekend?

2 Likes

While we’re at it, any solid caddie recommendations for Erin?

Frank Allan was who I got last time out and he was awesome. All around great and his green reading was exceptional. You would not be disappointed with him on the bag.

1 Like

Alix Larsen is a great caddie out there. I’ve had her the last two years and is great for whatever you’re trying to do - posting a score or just going for a vibey round

1 Like

If you’ve still got room on Sunday let me know.

1 Like

One spot spring valley 7 am

1 Like