Roll Call: Wisconsin - Hibernation

Moorland was sick! Good call!

23 Likes

This is still blowing my damned mind. This cannot and should not be true, even if the Google machine says yes.

2 Likes

Luxe golf in Franklin is also another option. Not quite the “go beat balls” situation as Moorland and Missing Links, but isn’t a terrible place to go with the whole fam some time.

1 Like

what if I told you this is also roughly the same distance away from downtown?

1 Like

That’s actually something I will believe because it was part of the research process before suggesting it.

To be fair, that doesn’t mean I have to like it.

1 Like

Just sayin.

Also the Burban is only 106 days away!

7 Likes

Oh sweet. February should be pretty low key! Let me check the dates and will throw the name in if if it works!

10 Likes

If banging balls in 30 degrees isn’t irrefutable evidence of being reinvigorated by the new equipment I don’t know what is. Send that to Titleist!

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it any better! Growing up in Milwaukee and having spent the last 8 years in Madison both cities are amazing and have so much culture and charisma. I just recently moved back to Milwaukee and am stoked to explore this city and get to know everything it has to offer! Cheers!

1 Like

Connecting on the “try new restaurants” theme- reporting live from tourist town, this is your townie speaking. The Getaway, newish spot on Lake Como, is dope. Started by the owners of Mars.

5 Likes

We’ve been twice, once they start doing reservations, going to be hard to keep driving to Cafe Calamari.

1 Like

#2, #11, #13, and to a lesser extent #18 are dumb tee shots. The greens are probably the best you’ll find in north central WI. Definitely worth trying to get on just to take a peek.

Side note: it really blows my mind Wausau has two private courses. Greenwood is more of a brute and lacks that country club feel. A few dumb tee shots out there as well. They host a lot of events so it’s pretty easy to get out there. The greens are deceptively fast (you could possibly degreen yourself on 10 if you’re above the hole). The par 3’s suck. Wausau has a little more of a snobby feel in my experience. Be ready to hit a lot of wedges.

1 Like

I usually go to Moorland, but Gastrau’s also has nice heated bays with Top Tracer.

Gastrau’s Golf Center
(414) 571-7002
https://maps.app.goo.gl/dzh914BYEBBTxfjv7?g_st=ic

Not sure how far it is for you, but missing links in mequon has been my go to

I’d say more than a little but could’ve been just the couple members I played with once. Made it sound like they were members at Blue Mound or something like that.

I just smiled, nodded but inside I was like…

For context, we were playing Pine Valley GC, a bit different than Wausau

2 Likes

Uhh, the one in Marathon City, WI or the real one?

3 Likes

Haha either one still makes them look bad… but I’m sure you can guess which one I was at

1 Like

To be fair, I’ve been to both and would have been shocked to have that happen at the more eastern one, which is why I asked.

2 Likes

Well done, sir.

7 Likes

Pine valley twilight rounds have immaculate vibes. I grew up playing there and worked there for a couple of summers. I can’t wear their logo anymore because I worry about someone getting confused.

2 Likes