Roll Call: Wisconsin - Hibernation

Count me in for that 2nd time.

3 Likes

1 Like

@djpie come join us

3 Likes

Hey team - new Nest member here, based in Milwaukee (Tosa) - got a few questions for everyone:

1. Any suggestions for making the most of the Nest membership?
  2. Are there any regularly scheduled Nest events in the SE WI area?
  3. Anyone looking to play a round the weekend of Fri Aug 5th?
8 Likes

If anyone is around this Saturday and interested, I am planning on making a scouting trip up to Eagle Springs for a couple loops.

Welcome, Cam. Can we call you Cam?

1. Keep active in this thread, you’ll catch some rounds for sure. Poke around these as well as they get Wisconsin heavy:
    https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/erin-hills-sand-valley-lawsonia-kohler/25895/95
    https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/sand-valley/2862/570
    Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 2) - #213 by Dmfitz2

2. You’re looking for the Burban. Which I need to start working on a date for, stay tuned.
    The 2nd Annual Burban Memorial NLU Golf Classic (Salem Lakes, WI): 2022, April 16 - Wisconsin/Illino

3. I’m on vacation, but I think @midwestgolfbum is unemployed.

2 Likes

@McDuffin you be settled by then?

1 Like

Ya, Cam works great!

Thanks for the info here, successfully bookmarked each thread.

Excited to be here and looking forward to grabbing a few rounds in the near future!

3 Likes

Howdy Cam, I am also in Tosa and am up for a round pretty much whenever.

1 Like

Welcome cam!

Guys I’m playing labelle today.

I actually used to be a member before it was sold and all the renovations happened but first time with the new set up. Anything specific I should look out for? I’m a bogey golfer if that makes any difference

1 Like

What uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. I’m in the Northshore and play a lot at Brown Deer…

1 Like

welcome cam. i straddle wisco and chicago and will be a full-time resident of walworth county (lake geneva area) in the fall.

2 Likes

Sweet! Do you happen to be part of the men’s club there? Played Brown Deer earlier this season and had a couple guys recommend it during the round.

I am not. I’ve played with and around those guys a couple times and it seems like a solid group, just not my scene. I have a regular group I play with on weekends and adding another semi-regular game isn’t something I have the juice for at home…

1 Like

Perfect, we should grab a round soon. You have a list of favorite courses in the area?

Ya, makes sense. Well if you ever need a 4th for Brown Deer let me know!

Hey Camden,

I live on Delavan Lake and commute to Menomonee Falls every day so I play all over. Have lucked out to play Eagle Springs, Erin Hills, Abbey Springs, Lake Lawn, and Delbrook in the last week as a last hurrah before I move. I also manage the Wisconsin Golf Blog (Instagram/Website) so check that out if you need any local recommendations or a quick twilight round. I’m actually moving down to Georgia next week since my girlfriend got a new job down there for a two year training program. Will be transitioning from Second City Golf Club to The Peachtree Collective but will be back to visit!

2 Likes

We’ll start preparing for your FIB purge.

2 Likes

Over my head.

@fourleafgrover i follow your IG.

I need to find the best place to get a league in that area. I talked to AS last week and I fear they’re all seasonal folks. I need the local leagues!

Delbrook is a blast man, I play league with my dad every Wednesday night. Country Club Estates has one Thursday that is decent and Lake Lawn has one on Monday night. I’d recommend coming to Delavan for a league since there are more full-time residents over there. Hawk’s View might have some too but I haven’t played in any of them

2 Likes