Roll Call: Wisconsin - Hibernation

Knowing that, I can guarantee we would have joined…

Alas, Verona it is. I’ll just enjoy my backyard (once planted) that backs up to trees as opposed to some shrubs that we plant so some retiree can pee half way through his 75 minute round of golf. (Who am I kidding, we couldn’t afford a lot backing up to the course.)

3 Likes

Hey, I wanted to introduce myself, I’ve been lurking for a few months now and figured out how to look up how much time I’ve spent reading here. It’s a lot. Since it’s almost golf season again, I figured it’s a good time to say something.

I live between Green Bay and Appleton. I usually golf once or twice a week and still stink, I started about 9ish years ago but have been playing more regularly over the last 4 years. Played in a league the last few years but due to Little League I’m in the market for a new night and course.

Now I’ll head back to the duck races and TBC thread and continue to use my time wisely.

8 Likes

Where do you play at up there? I went to school at St. Norbert and still spend quite a bit of time in Appleton

I’m in Freedom, so mostly Irish Waters, Mid Vallee and RSP, I slum it a lot at Eagle Links in Kaukauna since since tee times are getting harder to find at the other courses and it’s dirt cheap.
I have no home course since the Creeks was knocked out by the tornado, so I’ll go anywhere with available tee times.

1 Like

Hey, we can almost fill a tee time.

I’ve played in a league at RSP for 8 years or so, but I’m a member and much more of a regular at MidVallee.

The loss of Eagle Creek (hated the new name) is a serious tragedy. That was such a fun place to play.

2 Likes

Hello Wisconsin,

We got guys teeing it up at Spring Valley this morning.

Great reminder to sign up for the 2022 Burban.

9 Likes

Anyone else feel like we’re DANGEROUSLY close to a lot of courses opening??!!

1 Like

Lows looking to be just a little above freezing, so if we can get the frost out of the ground, things will move quickly.

1 Like

Which also helped my sump pump drainage pipe unfreeze!

2 Likes

Nailed it, Milwaukee County opening 4 courses on Wednesday!

Lake Windsor, Bridges and Waunakee all opening Wednesday.

Another Sand Valley course that I think we all knew was coming.

1 Like

There’s zero chance the bridges is going to be dry enough to actually have people on it, right?

Correct. They said “walking only” and I was thinking - “yeah, no shit.”

1 Like

More details.

https://sandvalley.com/sedge-valley

I’m sure The Oaks was open 2 weeks ago.

2 Likes

Geneva National opens tomorrow, heading there for some twilight

1 Like

Is The Bridges ever dry enough to have people on it?

5 Likes

That dump probably never closed.

2 Likes

Guis, it’s our lucky day!

3 Likes