Roll Call: Wisconsin - Hibernation

anyone played the Drumlin at Erin Hills? Just reading about it and I think it has stadium lights? Seems super fun.

1 Like

It has lights all over the place to keep it nicely lit for after dark fun. I donā€™t remember how late itā€™s open, but with the cabins right there, it would be a lot of fun after a couple drinks and a shower after a long day on the course.

For sure! Love the idea.

Lights turn off at 11pm on the Drumlin. On the dot. You and your Fescue Rescue are on your own to climb the hill to the cabins after that. God speed.

2 Likes

I never remember the time, just that they do. The only time I have ever stayed in the cabins, I was so tired after 36 in the July heat that I took a shower, had some food and passed the hell out so that I could get 36 in again the next day.

Played 18 at Lac La Belle yesterday (grand opening of all 18 was Saturday). While the conditioning is still not quite where it needs to be, the course is great. Forgiving off the tee, insane greens, extremely walkable, really nice bunkers. They even have an 18 hole putting course right next to the pub patio. Charging full price right now might be a bit aggressive, but I also didnā€™t feel ripped off. I rate the course right in between Washington County and Lawsonia, which is where it is priced ($75), so I think they got it right. I will definitely be playing there often, though I will probably wait a bit until they can get the conditions a bit better.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the most realistic for a Ryder Cup adjacent meetup? My head is telling me the Monday after (9/28), which has plenty of open tee times at Lawsonia (if weā€™re set on there). If fans are allowed, weā€™d be losing people to that Tuesday - Sunday. (Hell, Iā€™m supposed to be volunteering in the Merch tent and I still donā€™t know what dates Iā€™m scheduled. I have to imagine that there are others in the same boat.)

9/28 should work for me

1 Like

9/28 should work for me at this point, as well.

Iā€™m not holding out huge hope on this one, but I suppose a lot can happen in a the next 100 or so days.

Yeah, Iā€™m not holding out hope for a ā€œnormalā€ Ryder Cup. To me the question has turned to, ā€œWho are they going to allow in?ā€ My best guess on that are the corporate hospitality tents will be open, maybe the special ā€œclubā€ tickets, and if Iā€™m lucky, volunteers.

You will probably end up having to get your nose swabbed and temp taken every time you go in as a volunteer, but if you are in the merch tent, they may just tell you ā€œthanks but we arenā€™t having that, do you want to do something else?ā€

Guess we will see what this ends up looking like. Go figure the year that would be good for Milwaukee as far as tourist/conventions/sports revenue gets blown up.

None of that would surprise me, nor would I complain about.

I would be fairly unhappy if they allowed in the corporate tents/premium tickets, told me I needed to work, but wouldnā€™t let me out on the course to watch at any point.

Yeah, Milwaukee has been hit hard on that front. Bucks finals run, all the fests, DNC, RC (obviously not purely Milwaukee, but there would have been some overlap)

Ryder Cup has been postponed to 2021.

Sad, but for the best.

We still need to set a date for a larger meetupā€¦

A spokesman for the event sent this statement to WTMJā€™s Greg Matzek:

ā€œThe 2020 Ryder Cup remains as scheduled, September 22-27, at Whistling Straits in Kohler, Wisconsin. The PGA of America continues to closely follow the guidance of federal, state, and local public health authorities. The safety and well-being of all is our highest priority.ā€

2 Likes

Isnā€™t this like the third time these reports have been released and every time the PGA of America has to send out the same paragraph??

Being realistic though, if they want any amount of fans, it isnā€™t happening this year.

1 Like

Sorry, I jumped the gunā€¦itā€™s not official yet, but expected to be announced next week.

Spin zone on RC postponement: good opportunities to get a WS tee time in the near future

Conditions should be alright too