Roll Call: Wisconsin - Hibernation

Sounds good - I’ll see what Friday looks like and when/if you figure something out I’ll let you know.

I will second what @Slick said. Depending on the timing, I could possibly make the drive back towards Madison to play @chrisisoutrunning

y’all should play The Oaks

Holy shit that 4th green. I’m intrigued. I’ll have to get up there soon.

It’ll take some time for all the grass and bunkers to mature, but they have some very good bones. 1, 4, 15, 16, and 18 greens are especially large and/or wild. It’ll be really cool.

2 Likes

Currently planning a 6 or 8 man golf trip to Lawsonia in September. Not much of a trip because it’s 2.5 hours away, but it’s over two nights.

18 Friday
36 Saturday
18 Sunday

That’s the current plan, finding a Green Lake AirBNB for the trip.

Any other tips for Lawsonia? Green Lake advice? First golf trip I’ve planned, so all insight welcomed.

1 Like

Did you look at the Moreau house? Me and my buddies were going to stay there looks pretty funny. Definitely a bonding experience with those single beds packed in tight.

Nah, it’s pricey compared to what I can find elsewhere.

Let me know where you end up staying. Going there later this golf season.

Gross

Y’all should …not? play The Oaks

1 Like

Close to home and a fun variety of holes, but I’m giving the Oaks a slight downgrade this year. Been scoring well there but always longing for the round to be over only a few holes in.

Poorly timed aeration with the huge tines that seemingly still haven’t fully healed - greens are still pretty unpredictable IMO. 2nd green is borderline unplayable some days. People/balls all over the front nine and lots of wear on some of the tee boxes and greens.

1 Like

Any time I’ve played there with any amount of other people on the course, I basically fear for my life for 1/3 of the round. The course is just laid out with too many landing zones/greens in play from other tees/fairways. (I’m looking at 1, 3, 4, 6, and 17)

2 Likes

If it is somewhere around Madison I may be able to make it out.

1 Like

Depending on where you stay on the lake, you should go to Reilly’s Pub one of the nights. Great patio and great food.

1 Like

So with this being said, I think we need to bring the WI Meetup back into play. Hoping this generates some legs and we can be the official Lock Q for the Midwest. Just wanted to get everyones feedback and see if we could the numbers for this. Let me know what you guys think.

8 Likes

Live in Western WI so I occasionally lurk through the MN Contingent thread and seems like geography/proximity allows them to be much more active in-terms of meetups. But would definitely be interested in a meetup!

What part of western WI?

Just north of La Crosse!

I grew up in Black River Falls. Can definitely understand MN meetups being a bit more convenient.

I wouldn’t be opposed to meeting up at Wild Rock in the Dells. Fun course that I haven’t played in too long.

3 Likes