Roll Call: Wisconsin - Hibernation

Belvedere is a gem, such an interesting golf course. The Loop at Forest Dunes is something you have to experience if you’re headed there imo, splurge, you won’t regret it. Give Treetops a look as well, the Fazio course is really cool imo, late afternoon rounds get pretty cheap if I remember correctly because its not considered their “showcase” course.

I go to school in the Green Bay area, Brown County is a really neat course, tight piece of property, however conditions are hit or miss. Thornberry Creek is about as pure (public) as it gets in the Green Bay area if you care about conditions over novelty. The course is pretty cool but the main party piece of Thornberry is that it is always pure.

Also whats up from Lake Barrington if you’re based in Lake Zurich.

1 Like

Not sure rackham is worth a stop. It’s a Ross but the front nine was changed when they put in the freeway. It’s a decent muni if you are killing time and going to be in the area, but don’t think it’s worth stopping just for it.

1 Like

Thanks everyone.

Isn’t there a D Ross Tribute course at Tree Tops? Worth splurging? Nevermind I always confuse Treetops with Boyne. Forest dunes is a big part of the reason I’m continuing to mainland Michigan.

1 Like

Forest dunes is definitely worth it. Make sure to spend the night an play the loop both ways. One of the most fun courses I’ve ever played.

1 Like

When it was a “stripe show” for all the wrong reasons.

How does the guy on the mower not realize the mower is leaking when it’s that bad?

Apparently it was summer help and their first time ever mowing greens. Tough scene.

This is v stressful to see

Playing the par 3 course tomorrow at Hawk’s View. It’s all I will have time for after getting fit for a new driver shaft there. Still haven’t played Como Crossings yet.

1 Like

Barns Hollow at Hawk’s View is a fun little course. I play there a few times a year.
My fiance and I did a one club round there a couple weeks ago just for fun, just hitting 7 iron the whole way.
You have to play Como Crossing too though. It’s pretty good for the price. I think it’s a better layout than most of the other good courses around Lake Geneva, but maybe not as polished.

1 Like

I’m planning on it…I’ve been planning on it for two years+ now but it’ll happen this year lol.

1 Like

This is the weekend fellas! I get to fully indoctrinate my buddy from NC with WI golf. First stop Friday: Erin Hills (requested Alex the Caddy as @chrisisoutrunning, @midwestgolfbum, and I had the first time around). Saturday: All-Day Pass at Lawsonia. Sunday: A round at Washington County GC, then drinking and watching Golf! I am stoked and ready for the weekend to show my buddy good it is here.

11 Likes

Sounds like a fun ass weekend man enjoy!

Barn Hollow is fun, however they need to stop letting carts out there.

1 Like

Don’t really have a better place to put this, but has anyone heard that Sedge Valley is on hold?

I guess it isn’t surprising if they just wanted to wait to see how things bounced back.

Damn good find. That’s disappointing.

Barn’s Hollow was a little underwhelming conditions and design wise. Still a fun place to work on some things and I would love to play 9 there instead of a range session before Como Crossings.

The comment is from less than an hour ago. Blind luck on my part. There have been a couple people pressing for more details, but nothing yet.

2 Likes

Good find. Was just there Mon/Tue. This news has not yet hit the caddies.

It would be very interesting to see how much of the staff (which isn’t caddies) is actually “in the know” to this. If I had to guess, there aren’t a ton of them that know nor care given they are just trying to get through the current period of time.