Roll Call: Wisconsin - Hibernation

I played a couple high school tournaments at WCC. It’s 27 holes, but we only played the Lakeview and Bridges 9s.

$25 is a good deal and you’ll get your money’s worth. If I recall correctly it’s your standard upper-Midwest decent public course. Some of the holes have decent elevation changes, and there’s a good variety of holes.

1 Like

Are you in the La Crosse area as well?

All who have signed up for the matchplay:

I have created a thread (currently pending) for the event. Once that is live, I will post the link here, as well.

There were some play in games because of numbers, but absolutely looking forward to getting things kicked off before too long. I know there was interest from some in @PTM’s Rumspringa event, so hopefully we can get some things done there, if people are interested.

That’s all I have for now. Looking forward to meeting all of you through one event or another this coming year!

1 Like

Things moved quickly. We have a thread everybody!

1 Like

Great list but I would replace Horseshoe Bay & Hidden Glen with Kenosha CC and West Bend CC, they should be in the top 12 ahead of Strawberry Creek. They’re private but fantastic courses, KCC especially after the 5 year restoration (pure 1922 Ross design). I also would place Lawsonia, SV & MD ahead of Blackwolf River for sheer fun, playability & design.

1 Like

Hi guis-
Just wanted to let you know that I’m an idiot and created an event that’s being hosted in Winona, MN. Shout out to the world’s largest 6 pack in Lacrosse

3 Likes

FYI for anybody in the Central Wisconsin area - @jsauce and I are playing at Pine Valley on Sunday (weather permitting). Anybody interested in joining?

3 Likes

Lake Geneva area here. Played college golf at St. Norbert College in Green Bay, also manage @wisconsingolfblog for course reviews throughout the state. Excited to connect with everyone on here!

7 Likes

welcome alex! .

i’m a hawks view pass holder and also spin geneva national, cc estates, eagle springs and spring valley.

1 Like

Have you ever played LGCC or Big Foot? I really enjoy those as well. But worked at Delbrook in the past, so have a membership there and play the reciprocal courses that are connected with Delavan’s muni.

1 Like

LGCC and Big Foot = c suite lyfe right?

I have not had the chance yet, but I have some lines in the water. Big Foot is much easier it seems. If you are looking for an extra, hit me up!

I was thinking about doing the Delbrook pass this summer to walk more (hawks view is not a good walk) but the value didn’t really make sense for me. i’d like to see it though, have only driven past.

I do also enjoy majestic oaks for what it is.

1 Like

C suite life for sure… I’ve got a few connections in the area.

Delbrook is probably one of the best values in the area given the recent renovations and only $700 for a walking membership. They have 27 holes and you can usually get on without a tee time most days (even weekends) since they rotate the 18 and 9 hole rotations.

Majestic Oaks has gotten overrun with tourists and their pace is play is terrible. They are also much more expensive than Delbrook (I understand given the lake views)

yeah i usually play it off season or off times.

I need to make it there this summer. Hawks View is $570 for a 10-pack, and with a $90 peak season weekend rate, that’s pretty solid! plus they let me play as early as possible so i can get home to the rugrats.

hope to play sometime this summer!

I’d definitely be down to play Hawk’s View sometime this summer, probably twilight, so let me know!

Fun story about Majestic Oaks.

I was an intern surveying N. Shore Road and STH 50 for the eventual intersection blow-out that happened a few years later. We needed to go two fairways deep into the course to collect their drainage data as they were using the ditches along N. Shore Road. Have to anticipate volumetrics for the storm sewer additions, lots of ins and outs.

The course was nice enough to let us use carts, but refused to give us a 2-3 hour window to knock out the couple holes on the west side of the course. So we’re full PPE, reflective vests, pants, hardhats and strobes. Whatever to be seen.

Me and another intern both have $25,000 robotics systems that follow us as we shoot data points. We are both setup on separate ends of the area we needed to collect, we’re working towards each other to mitigate our interruption of the course.

Other intern gets setup and starts working. A group asks him what we are doing, just curious older guys. 3 minutes later I see him back talking to that group, lots of hands in the air and he starts blowing up my phone. This group somehow didn’t see the total station and knocked it over after hitting a leg with the golf cart. They literally look like this:

I called the pro shop, they kicked the guys off. The total station was compromised, so I had to shoot the entire thing myself dodging golf balls for the rest of the day.

Also, @fourleafgrover, definetly interested if you got an opening at BFCC or LGCC. Our sister company just redid the paths at Delbrook last summer? Maybe two summers ago.

3 Likes

Hi Grover

New glarus logo roped me into clicking in here and posting, god damn i miss that shit

1 Like

It’s consensus that Moon man > spotted cow at this point right? Of their flagships? I don’t think it’s close.

8 Likes

Its been 10 years since i moved from chicago, there was no moon man then

1 Like

Moon Man > Two Women > Spotted Cow for the year-round offerings that aren’t fruited.

Wish they would bring back Black Top.

7 Likes