Roll Call: Wisconsin - Hibernation

Ideally, there’d be a “King of the North” event, where the MN, WI, IL, and maybe MI champions defend their state’s honor.

• King of the North trademark is hereby registered
9 Likes

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that’s good. Let’s do that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The GoT theme could go deeeep here.

2 Likes

I wrote what I wrote…

1 Like

I can get the Blue Mound taken care of for you, but you have to promise not to laugh at my golf game when we play.

2 Likes

Alright all, I have thrown together a google doc to express formal interest in playing Lawsonia in the early afternoon September 20th.

There is some kind of event going on earlier in the day, so it looks like tee times start around 12:20, though that might change by the time we get this together, so wanted to leave that a little open.

Cost is $95 to walk or $98.50 to ride, so guessing most are going to be riding, unless their website is completely hosed.

Asking for handicap just to possibly get some kind of game going, so if you don’t have one, try to get close.

2 Likes

I throw out an idea after a couple beers last night, come back and see you guys have turned this into an inter-state battle. I like it!

2 Likes

Those are the correct fees…basically the same walking or riding.

@blakehall @jpcronin @TheZachSvec @zednems you guys originally expressed interest, so want to be sure you have seen the signup sheet is live. Understand if things have changed.

Also, for anybody else that is seeing this, if you have a buddy who wants to join in on the fun that isn’t a refugee (why aren’t they?) you are more than welcome to get them the link to join in on the fun. Also, make them sign up for here.

Whoa, buncha sticks playing. Throwing up an 18 handicap is humbling .

I’m 50/50, doing Eagle Springs, 36 @ Lawsonia and Lac La Belle the weekend before. Not sure if I can convince my wife to lose this Saturday as well to hang out with internet strangers.

1 Like

But we are really nice internet strangers, so we’ve got that going for us.

Certainly understand if you can’t make it after that awesome outing the weekend prior, but would love to have you involved!

1 Like

I’ll talk to the house’s Chief Calendar Officer tonight…

1 Like

I’ve been told the Madison pub links tournament will be the 12th and 13th and i’ll be doing that. Going to Lawsonia the next weekend may prove problematic with the ball n’ chain/life cartner. Not completely ruling it out yet, though.

Not a problem. Tell Wubbels and Pagel hello, if you see them (or know them).

Oh I know Pagel haha

1 Like

For Immediate Release:

So, since @JBors has started the signup for the IL contingent in the Chicago thread and thanks to @Slick tossing an idea out there and @chrisisoutrunning for giving it a name, I present to you, the signup for the 2021 signup sheet for a Wisconsin matchplay event to end in the KIng of the North vs the schmucks in Minnesota, Illinois, and Michigan.

This will be a NET event, so you will need to have a handicap. I figure we try to get a decent sized group this fall and we can get things set up to kick off in the spring and will try to keep this so that people don’t have to drive all over hell to play a match, hence the asking where you’re located. In the end, we will probably have to figure out how to make 4 regions work for ease of bracketing which is part of why starting this now is good.

If this results in us playing @BaxterMSP’s guise, I have an axe I’m willing to donate to the match, so we can watch somebody from Wisconsin take an axe from Minnesota more than once in a year.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScx3QAoCgWT4f2xlY3RKq8VqJfBvLegmJeg7HDllGAff_NYzg/viewform?usp=sf_link

6 Likes

Does the WSGA ID translate over to GHIN at all?

1:1 otherwise, you can “print” your card and it’s on there too.

I’ve never had an issue accessing my handicap via the WSGA site, it just seems like they aren’t in the GHIN network of golf associations, so I can’t login to ghin.com or the app.

They don’t use GHIN, they use bluegolf, so I suppose I should change that to handicap number or some such thing.