Roll Call: Western New York, Lake Effect Roost sign up,

Good to see some WNY members planning on coming out for NEOH events. Short trip on the 90 especially to Manakiki. Go Bills.

3 Likes

No bills. But hopefully I will make that event

Hey everyone,

Friend and I are from Hamilton, ON; heading into western New York for a weekend in June, looking to play twice in the Greater Buafflo area and once in Rochester any suggestions?

The only one I’m for sure wanting to play is Seneca Hickory.

Suggestions would be welcomed!

Harvest Hill in Orchard Park
Greystone in Rochester area
Ravenwood/Mill Creek, Rochester area, conditions have been hit or miss the past couple years

I’m pumped for the Tiki

1 Like

Check out the Tussle at Tarandowah in Ontario

I setup some time at buffalo golf and social on 2/24 at 8pm for a little get together. Have 5 going so far. Let me know if anyone else would like to come

2 Likes

My opinion

Buffalo: Harvest Hill and Diamond Hawk

Rochester: Ravenwood over Mill Creek but I haven’t played Ravenwood in like 3 years and have to admit Mill Creek was better than I remember except for a few atrocious holes early in the back 9.

1 Like

Harvest hill, Diamond hawk, Ivy ridge in buffalo.

Ravenwood lost the greens 2 years ago and it was real bad. Didn’t play it last year to know how they recovered.

I will say I played Mill Creek last April and was in great shape

Expected to hate it but was fun outside of 10 and 11

yea 10 is not a good hole, better than when it was a blind downhill par 4 but could be better if they blew up the green and started from scratch, green is way too narrow for a down hill 200 yd par 3, i’m ok with 11 but could definitely see why people wouldn’t like it, might like it more than some ppl due to a couple eagles in years past!

Agree on Harvest Hill in Buffalo. Not a big fan of Diamond Hawk.

In Rochester Greystone is my top choice. Greens at Ravenwood were back to normal last year.

Yeah I just think the routing of 10 and 11 suck, down and back up such a steep hill.

Played it twice now and thought better of it after my second time around.

Diamond Hawk is either hate it or love it. Can be very penal but greens are a lot of fun.

Another reminder of our first local (to Buffalo) meetup of the year, this Thursday at 8PM here at Buffalo Golf & Social. Time to start getting that rust off, ya’ll! I saw a ton of grass at Delaware Park this weekend, it’s almost time!

2 Likes

how was the turnout last week? i was in hilton head getting the rust off, played harbour town & atlantic dunes!

4 Likes

So it was not what some of us expected but still had good time. What started out as an NLU refuge meetup turned into a general meetup for friends of the owner + Nest meetup after the owner advertised it on multiple social media site so turnout was super high. There was probably around 12-15 people and the idea of playing Sweetens was scratched for a closes to the pin contest. we local Nesters were able to meet and got to meet other local golfers and owner liked the turnout so he’s planning on doing that at least once a month. Overall, pretty pretty good.

2 Likes

Hey, congrats to @Pendo23 for winning rookie of the month!

2 Likes

Ty ty!

Heading to Dicks House of Sport in Victor tomorrow to hit the Trackman. Taking my 6 year old as well since he has the day off from school. Looking forward to dusting off the sticks for the first time since October!

3 Likes