Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

It was a tough day out there.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a reason golf umbrellas are HUGE lol

Itā€™s all about that push cart umbrella attachment.

Keeping them dry/waiting under the umbrella/playing quickly is pretty much how Iā€™ve managed moisture when Iā€™ve had rainy rounds. Good to know I donā€™t need to do much differently.

I may spring for cord grips in the end, but I think Iā€™ll feel it out with what Iā€™ve got and rain gloves for a few rounds before I make a change. Keep any suggestions on preferred grips coming if you want to, and thanks for the advice, everyone! Looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can in 2021, even though Iā€™ll be a ways down I-5.

I use cord grips used to game the MCC and have switched to the tour velvet cord. I occasionally switch to the standard tour velvet. I too originate from Alabama so between the humidity there and the rain here the 2 tour velvets have been my favorite. I donā€™t use rain gloves and will not use them. A towel with the umbrella works just fine.

1 Like

Where in AL are you from? Phenix City gui here.

Alex city.

1 Like

How many times does a person have to play Gold Mountain - Olympic #18 before they lay up and finish with a good score? Kicked me in the nuts yet again because Iā€™m stupid.

3 Likes

Nice! Not too far down the road. Played a lot of soccer games in Alex City.

n+1 times.

Or have some money on the line @inchmarlo

2 Likes

Youā€™re a bad dude

3 Likes

Scotch me outside is killing me

3 Likes

Same here. What year did you graduate?

1. Went to Auburn a couple of years before transferring to an art school in Chicago. After ten years Iā€™ll finally make it to the PNW.

Is our buddy Joe from Seattle around?

3 Likes

But for realā€¦the thought of playing left handed for 12 months makes me think Iā€™d play ZERO golf for a year.

I think @Tron got popped for roids / HGH / Or whatever Bonds was taking. Now he has to play left-handed and establish a new Index in order to protect his natural right-handed playing number.

I will also entertain any number of other conspiracy theories you may have to offer.

1 Like

joe out of LEFT FIELD

2 Likes

Z grip is my choice. Iā€™m down here in Portland. Stays soft and pretty durable.

1 Like

Gregg Rogers

1 Like

Played a SLOW 5 hr round at The Classic today. Under $50 to walk = mega value. Course is in great shape. A really fun old school muni.

HOWEVER - I might have forgotten that I havenā€™t walked 18 in 80+ degrees in a long long time. I hit the wall on 15. It was a tough scene.

By the time I climbed the small hill to the 18th tee box, playing 560 into the wind. Wellā€¦

2 Likes

I play every morning there. About 630 tee time. It takes me 3 hours on the weekday and 4 on the weekend. The course is in AMAZING shape right now.

2 Likes