Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

I think that’s one of the reasons I don’t make it there. The price between that and gold mountain just makes it easier to make the longer drive up and play there.

I can’t wait to get out to Gold Mountain and White Horse (and others) when it’s okay to do so! Power Triangle/Cascade Spade/Olympic Prolific can’t happen soon enough

1 Like

Agree with everyone else, for under $50 that’s fantastic. The pictures looked great as well!

First Par 5 on the back nine (I think it’s number 11) at Trophy Lake is worth the price of admission on its own.

1 Like

Just played 36 at Suncadia on Monday. Pure.

4 Likes

Have you signed up for the PNW Championship there??

1 Like

Woodway (Edmonds) here. Currently rounding out a year of membership at Everett Golf and Country Club… won’t be renewing. I’m a free agent and looking to get back out there and play some new courses in the area.

5 Likes

Anyone playing today/tomorrow in this heatwave? I have a 1:04 tee time at Madrona Links walking and might die.

Time to sweat!

1 Like

I’m playing this afternoon in Vancouver with a heat warning. Lots of water and setting up the umbrella on the push cart for shade!

1 Like

Only supposed to be 86 for the round today but 93+ tomorrow! Hydrate!

1 Like

Finally got out to a few spots I’ve been meaning to hit on Saturday (shout out to @cqueen for speaking the truth). Both in the Tacoma/Lakewood/Spanaway areas so pretty accessible if you’re around the metro.

Oakbrook in the AM - unfortunately didn’t take any pictures but this course was PURE. Probably some of the best maintained fairways I have played on and the greens roll true. About $65 at peak rate felt pretty fair and apparently you can get some dealz on twilight/weekdays - we like that. This course felt to me what all ‘housing development’ courses want to be like. It plays pretty open, despite winding through a community, and areas below trees are really clean, so you can find your ball if you get out of position. Enjoyable round, low key wish I lived closer.

The Classic in the PM - The Classic (shout out Ryan Moore) is probably the more interesting of these two golf courses, it has this really great aesthetic of burnt out/brown fairways, popping greens, and sharp fescue that they’ve grown up that outline much of the playing area. It plays really open and firm, but you can get absolutely ejected if you are out of position. The greens are the highlight here though, really unique shapes and contours which make them a ton of fun to navigate and I can’t wait to get back and give it another run. It was like $26 at 3pm on a Saturday which is so dope haha if I lived closer I would consider some kind of membership. This course seems to get more rounds than Oakbrook so it was in a little rougher shape by the late evening, but still very fun. Worth a drive for sure. Two pics and a photo cred to @rabsie on the second,

4 Likes

This 100%. Numerous times I walked off greens wondering how in the hell I just made dbl bogey. Fun track though for sure.

2 Likes

Haha exactly, you had to be on your game or you’d get exposed pretty quick. It was a great balance of challenge/open to scoring.

Also Oakbrook has been running a special lately for pay for 3 and get your 4th free. So one dude can play for free. It’s a good deal if you have a full group going. I do recommend this course for sure in the summer months. Also the pierce county am is coming up and will be at Oakbrook and The Classic FYI.

Has anyone walked the Cascade course at Golf Mountain? Totally doable in 3 hours right? Obviously depending on the crowds…

Thinking of walking this Sunday either 6am or 4pm.

I have an honestly I hate walking both of the gold mountain courses. I walk everywhere and those are my least favorite.

1 Like

More so than Chambers? :wink:

Why’s that? I thought the Cascade course was supposed to be fairly flat? At least that’s what the website says…

Yeah it is but that place when it’s hot just bundles the heat out there.

I like walking Chambers, there’s something to be said for being exposed walking a long course. The only routing I find annoying is getting from 3 -> 4, everything else makes sense to me.

1 Like