Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

Outside the city is what myself and my better half are looking for. Rather be on the course or among the trees than in the city.

Yup, just did this at Club Champion in February/March and had a fantastic experience. I think $150 for the fitting unless you hit an end of year sale, but worth every penny.

Totally understand, then yes, a lot of great options!

As David said, James is a great option. I just did a full bag with him on Monday and it went really smoothly. He was really open about what he was doing throughout the process and put together a full sheet at the end. I let him know it would be my preference to be in stock shafts and he worked to find me the best option offered by my OEM of choice. The only complaint I might have is that he put me in an 11.5 degree driver based on the fact that I couldn’t swing it to save my life on Monday. Though realistically speaking, he can only fit based on the numbers on the screen.

4 Likes

@davidc @I_have_the_yips awesome, thanks guys. Will pass along to my buddy!

Yooo, I got a job! It’s been a long time (about 110 days since I was laid off) but I want to celebrate by playing Chambers next week before I start the job. Anyone down? I’m thinking Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Would love to get out and meet some refugees!

6 Likes

With the Idaho trip unfortunately falling through, we will still see the PNW RACDG Championship be played!

1 Like

Hello everyone, long time listener, first time poster. Lifelong Washingtonian, lived in Seattle for the past decade after finishing college (#godawgs). Looking forward to meeting everyone!

6 Likes

Hey whatsup, man! Fellow husky here as well so we like that :sunglasses:

Where are you normally playing out here? Check this bad boy out if you haven’t already, this should be our next big meetup. We’ve had a few things get cancelled recently with all things COVID.

Otherwise holler if you’d like in on the PNW whatsapp chat or are looking for a game.

4 Likes

Thanks! I have found myself at Newcastle a lot recently thanks to a couple members I know there, and I’ll be at Willows every Wednesday this summer for the MSFT League. Definitely interested in the PNW RACDG, big fan of Suncadia. Would love to get in on the whatsapp thread!

2 Likes

Sounds fun! I don’t get out to Willows much but I enjoy it out there.

1 Like

BIG UPDATE: With a member tourney on the 16th, the PNW RACDG Championship is now August 30th.

Linked the rest of the update post here:

1 Like

playing the home course tomorrow at 630 in the am. hoping it’s gonna live up to everyones talk of great conditions lately.

2 Likes

Getting in there before our club individual event! Just so you know you’ll probably be playing on the event tees - blacks are being set to the blue/white combo, whites are at their white yardages.

2 Likes

Posed this question in the Oregon thread, but they don’t seem quite as active as this group. So here’s a copy/paste:

Any of you folks want to chime in on grip choices for when we make the move?

Have gamed the Pure Wrap for five or six years and love it. Crazy tacky in dry weather and ridiculously durable. Regarding moisture, I don’t recall having slipping issues when I’ve played back home in Alabama or the one time I played in the rain in Scotland, but would happily field some suggestions from everyone on the ground in the PNW.

My understanding is the Tour Velvet Cord or MCC is the standard choice, with the UTX seeming to be up there as well. Anyone use rubber grips or have other suggestions? I’m intrigued by this one from Lamkin: https://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/st-hybrid/

I’ll cross post too :wink: .

1 Like

I like the look of that lamkin (currently playing them), although I haven’t played that model. Would be interested in trying it but don’t normally have moisture issues unless I drop my club or its just pissing.

Which, to my understanding, doesn’t happen often (pissing rain). More a mist/drizzle than anything else in my experience. Would that be correct? And in that case, nothing rain gloves and a towel before swinging couldn’t fix.

I’d prefer not to change grips, but will if it seems necessary. I like that I don’t really have to maintain the Pures and they seemingly last forever.

That’s been my experience, yes. Which I feel comfortable in Oregon - especially the I5 corridor - is pretty similar.

I will say I never use rain gloves. The cord grips + a dry towel wipe down is usually fine. Moisture management is key. Keeping my grips and glove exposed to the rain for as little time as possible goes a long way. Seems obvious (and it is) but I still see people standing in the rain, glove and grip exposed, waiting to hit their tee shot when their umbrella is two feet away. Then they complain about losing grip. Hm.

1 Like

Blows me away. Shoutout @Mattyeds fundraiser for our boy.

3 Likes