Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

I am intrigued by this place now

$1800 for a year of unlimited golf sounds pretty appealing right now. Haha. Especially if it is in that condition all year

Shit that’s almost what it costs for the home course. I think home course is 1999$. There are some crazy deals out around us on yearly memberships for these courses.

1 Like

Played out there a few times when staying at my fiancé’s place in Brinnon. Great place that’s always in great shape.

1 Like

@davidc Gen II was a bit tight. Tighter than jeans I wore in high school. A few good holes with some good elevation change though. #9 is a great finisher I think with having to navigate the water on each side and the tree in the middle. Gimmicky but fun. Really loved how the course made me think hard about what clubs to play and I hit more iron shots than I have anywhere. Great for #YOTB.

Was on 79 watch through 14 after a chip in birdie but then proceeded to go double, par, triple, double to finish at 86. Never broken 80 before. Anyways… photos!

3 Likes

Ended up spending 2 night at Silvies and skipping Cannon Beach cross posting my thoughts:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/silvies-valley-ranch-apparently-were-talking-about-ancient-aliens-in-here/27617/2?u=i_have_the_yips

1 Like

Anyone been to gold mountain since they punched? Saw on their website they punched on the 6th. Anyone got any info for me? Looking to play on Monday.

SICK. Haha happy you enjoyed it, I’ve had so many good rounds ruined on 8 and 9 of Gen II. Totally agree that Gen III is the move.

Let me know next time you want to get out, I have all the info

Did you have a good time at Silvies?

Yeah, it was nice. I think it’s probably not a place I would take a golf specific trip to just because it’s so out of the way but the courses are really good and the experience is great. I’d definitely go back with my wife and the clubs but I don’t think I’d ever bring my golfing buddies there on a guys trip.

1 Like

Hell yes. I’m ready to go back out there next week after this rain passes!

Any other spots out here worth checking out that are northwest of White Horse?

Just played Port Ludlow twice this past weekend and really enjoyed it, especially the back nine. Also went on a little hike/walk that I’m just now realizing crossed an abandoned 9 holes right next to it so I assume there’s a story there.

1 Like

Sequim has a few courses but I’ve never played them. That and Port Angeles would be the only other towns north west of there that would have courses. After PA it is all empty space

Where was the hike?

Timberton Drive. And after some google maps research…duh this thing is right next to Port Ludlow golf course.

Here’s some pics of where the trail crossed a hole:

and after some good ol’ fashion google searching, looks like it closed back in 2009: http://archive.kitsapsun.com/sports/resort-at-port-ludlow-shutting-down-trail-nine-ep-421113372-358210681.html

…might need to get some neon-colored balls and try to walk the old nine holes.

2 Likes

NIT qualifying site for sure

1 Like

So sick, I have not heard this. Played PL a bit and remembered liking it, just haven’t been back recently.

YO. Any of you sickos playing the Puget Sound AM this weekend?? I know we have a couple here

RACDG cheering section?

@rabsie and I will be beating up the afternoon wave. A lot of people are saying we’re the people’s champs.

5 Likes

Go full Kenny Powers on their asses. Suck it chops after every dropped 6 footer