Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

UW men have hosted a couple NCAA Regionals and one or two of their tournaments there, a couple of which I’ve volunteered at.

Top 5 in state IMO. Incredibly well-maintained. Extremely demanding of every aspect of your game while not being over crowded with trees on most holes AND there is a decent chance you won’t lose a ball!

I say that… it might be the most demanding starting hole in the state and is the one hole you can lose your ball in the pond off the tee haha.

Both nines have great elevation change, and I can’t say that any of the holes feel even close to being the same.

The stand out holes for me walking were 3, 5, 8, 9 (I’m a sucker for short 3s), 14, 15, and 17 (super polarizing hole), and 18.

1 Like

Don’t short side yourself!

1 Like

Was just talking to a friend during my match yesterday. Haven’t been there myself but he just played last week. Sounds like its in great shape (obv) and has some interesting greens.

Report back!

2 Likes

A colleague said today, if you think there is a break on the green, there is probably a LOT more.

1 Like

A report on my Aldarra outing -

• Great amenities & service. 5-star. You felt like you were playing a premiere golf club.
  • Small warm up putting green. Great driving range. I hit three consecutive hozel rockets on the range next to the member who was hosting me for the day. NOT the pre-round vote of confidence I was looking for.
  • Drive on #1 was so good. Caught the wind and hit a fairway bunker. Playing partners in disbelief. Me, relieved it is on dry land. Made a cozy 5.
  • Cozy bogey was the rest of the round and what I expected. Why? Because my GHIN says 8.0 and I think it is BULLSHIT. Because Aldarra’s slope that I played is 140ish, and it was TOUGH. Granted, I made amateur errors off the tee, but that wasn’t the tough part.
  • This course PUNISHES you on approach shots. Land it on…it rolls off. Land it too short, false front.
  • The greens were fine, only one three putt. But getting GIRs was a challenge.

Overall, what a great piece of property. Stunning views and top notch conditions. 44 / 46. 3 balls OB off the tee box killed me, but still a great day.

3 Likes

Where do you rank Aldarra in WA? I go back and forth between that and Tumble as the best privates.

Haven’t played Tumble yet. But definitely better than Overlake and Glendale. Likely a more expensive membership than those two? I’m speculating.

The pierce county am is gonna be Sept 26 and 27 and it is a $150 entry fee. You need to stop by Oakbrook or The Classic and get a registration form.

1 Like

Also side note, I made my first hole in one today on 15 at The Classic.

10 Likes

WHAT??? Congrats!!!

BOOM! Congrats!

Nice!!! Details?

1 Like

102 yard front pin location. Hit a nice 58* in a foot above and pulled it back straight into the cup. Super pumped.

3 Likes

@decentschott I grew up in N Everett and played EGCC a fair amount, never was a fan but that’s mostly due to the tight, penal layout and boring vibe that swallows the entire property. Massive tree lined entry drive is the best part. I’m not a member but Inglewood GC is awesome if you want to drive 15/20 min to play. Great membership and polar opposite of EGCC.

1 Like

My buddy and I played in the Chambers Bay Solstice tourney last Sunday July 26th, it was about 90 out there and quite a bit of walking. 5:05 AM balls in the air and closed out the round about 8:30. 58 holes, 34 miles of walking, lots of hydrating and carb loading and the most fun we’ve all had on the course in years. Highly recommended to anyone who can handle it next year if there’s openings.

9 Likes

Looks awesome! Definitely doing it next year. Surprised nobody went umbrella on the push cart to shield some sun.

You could easily take out 50% of the trees and still have a fun(ish) course. You could easily take out 80% of the vibe and still have a stuffy feeling, boring club experience. Was fun when we joined and the kids could use the pool… but that’s about it. Between an Oki Card and having friends all over, way better courses to get out and play regularly.

Just had another sign-up, a lurker, for the PNW RACDG Championship. There’s still time to sign-up! Come on out!

Whenever one of y’all yahoos gets a day off you need to come play a morning round with me out here at the classic.

Playing the Cascade course Friday at 1:10pm? Close enough? Ha.

But seriously, what mornings/time/etc. wouldn’t mind squeezing in a super early round