Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

Damn that’s great news!

1 Like

In less than great news, they are aerating May 8-11.

1 Like

Still got 14 spots open for GM in a couple weeks. There’s gotta be more takers out there!

Anyone ever play Shuksan or Homestead up near Bellingham? They seem pretty cheap but is it better to just stick to Loomis?

1 Like

Homestead is currently a dumpster fire (as of last summer). They let maintenance of the course go while they were trying to sell the property and it was terrible last year. Prior to that, not a bad track for the price, so hopefully new ownership will put the time/money into bringing it back.

Shuksan is a solid track. Lots of hills and a few interesting holes. Played pretty dry during the rain / wet as I played it Easter Sunday this year. Definitely a well maintained, somewhat budget friendly alternative in the area.

2 Likes

That’s the intel I’m looking for. Thanks! Just booked Shuksan for Saturday AM. Insane how open all the tee sheets are.

I think the COVID Canadian fervor has died down a bit thus far this year. Past 2 summers, you couldn’t find an AM weekend tee time at Loomis, North Bell, Shuksan unless you booked like the Sunday before or had a relationship with a pro at the course to call and they would put you on before the online tee sheets would open the date.

1 Like

Yeah we are used to booking well before up on this side of the border. Weekend tee times on the Vancouver munis book 4 weeks out.

Understandable. I was just shocked at how much the game had picked up and how much it was trickling down stateside once the border opened. Like a kinked hose opening to a 6inch pressurized hose ha

Random Texan here, how good is Tacoma Country and Golf Club? Is an invite there worth building a trip around?

1 Like

Yes - its very, very good (and I’ve not even played there but have many friends who have and have a friend who’s a member).

& you won’t be far from Chambers

2 Likes

Thanks for the intel, appreciate ya!

More on Tacoma CC - its got the largest set of PGA (current and past) tour members out there for this area, greens are phenomenal, practice area is fantastic, and its traditional PNW with trees without feeling like Sahalee where you are hitting through tight corridors all day.

2 Likes

100% worth playing Tacoma and building a trip around it. I second what @fishtopher18 Has said about Greens, some say best in the State.

2 Likes

In Kennewick for about 10 days working nights. Probably play 9 in the morning after work here and there. Anyone play dew sweeping rounds locally? I need a pnw sticker and possibly hat. Love the logo

1 Like

Hey all, new to the Nest and suck at golf, but definitely not for lack of trying. Was reading through and totally agree with Tacoma being a “golf trip” destination. Between Chambers, Home Course, and say Gold Mountain (not Tacoma, but close enough) you have 4 of the top 25 courses in the state all within 30-45 minutes of each other.

3 Likes

Brother… :handshake:

3 Likes

Literally the 3 courses for the first PNW Crew Olympic Prolific! Solid set of courses

3 Likes

which gold mountain track? lol jk I like them both as they play very different, IMO

Is wine Valley in East Washington worth 200?

4 Likes