Roll Call: WA (PNW Crew) - 2024 RTGS Sign-Ups in Post 2715

https://imavex.vo.llnwd.net/o18/clients/chambersbaygolfcourse/images/Hole_by_Hole/Scorecard3.jpg

Sand tees are a pretty solid middle of the road, luckily there aren’t too many forced carries out there, but there are some good holes that let you aim farther right or left if you DO want to play with a fun carry off the tee.

4 Likes

This is perfect–thanks!

Yes, staying in Tacoma. Don’t need anything fancy (will get plenty of that on the trip). Just something fun and accessible.

Best college mate grew up in Puyallup, so he said to play Tyee (closed) or Gold Mountain.

3 Likes

I played Chambers for the first time as an 18 and it was not a lot of fun from the sands, I think I shot a 104 with zero wind and a caddie. Granted, I am not a very long hitter but I definitely should have been playing from the whites, even with firm and fast conditions. I think we take for granted having played it a bunch of times but the sand tees require some really solid long irons and good bunker play if you’re <250 off the tee which is a lot to ask of an 18.

3 Likes

If you can do it Gold Mountain Olympic hands down, if you can’t I would recommend the home course

2 Likes

That scorecard is out of date a bit. They have a combo set now, but I still think the sands are the way to go unless it’s been pouring and the fairways aren’t rolling out as much as normal

2 Likes

I’m going to be in Washington for 10 days in late May. Would love to make it down to Chambers/Gold Mountain again to relive the OP, but that may not work so trying to have a back up. I’ve got ins at Bellingham GCC & Skagit GCC. Anyone got thoughts on either of those?

Played Skagit in mid-March. Two very different 9’s. The front is tree-lined and house-lined, and the back is wide open. Greens are slightly elevated and tiny, and basically are the course’s defense. Some great holes out there.

1 Like

BGCC I’ve heard is very similar to EGCC (where I’m a member). Very tight, tree lined course with great greens

2 Likes

PNW Crew - A couple of weeks ago while I was down in NorCal, @cachaulo was gracious enough to show me around Baylands Golf Links. He’s a great hang and a good stick. Originally from B’ham, he’s coming up for Memorial Day and is looking for a game on Friday, May 27th or Monday, May 30th. Unfortunately, I’m not available, but I wanted to see if this group can welcome back a PNW native and show him a great time on one of our fine courses.

Who can help a brother out?

1 Like

I’m around Monday, May 30th for some golf.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, looks like I may have a couple rounds lined up for Friday/Monday! Looking forward to getting back to my roots with some PNW golf and meeting some new faces. Now two weeks left to get back in the lab and get my game figured out :wink:

1 Like

June Event Date Confirmed. PNW Crew Championship and final chance to earn a ticket to Regionals

• Saturday, June 4th @ Gold Mountain (Olympic)
  • Tee Times 8:45 - 10:30

Signups:

2 Likes

For that Friday, May 27th, @Cachaulo and I are playing The Home Course at 9:10 and have two spots open.

Anyone here want to join us?

1 Like

Hi all, I posted here once in 2018 then had two kids and that whole pandemic thing and haven’t done much golf since. But I want to get back into it and it would be nice to maybe find some people to play with.

I live in north Tacoma. When I do get out it’s usually just to Meadow Park. I’m not that great - don’t have a handicap yet, get excited when my score is only two digits, etc - but I just like to have a fun, laid back round now and then.

5 Likes

Where in North Tacoma? I’m 5 minutes north of Allenmoore.

There are a few more of us scattered between Puyallup, Lakewood and Gig Harbor.

There are also at least 2 young hitters we have waddling around with Jr clubs that some people take to the executive 9s around the area

2 Likes

here’s the discord if you want to get involved.

1 Like

Wanted to share with @PNWCrew. I think this is a first at an outstandingly underrated track in your neck of the woods.

https://www.cascadegolfer.com/corona-premier-shootout/

Though I reside in a land far-far away, I am the hero I do not deserve but need attempting to change my vacation–i.e. my wife’s family’s vacation in central WA-- to build our PNW summer sojourn to make this.

Could be a good warmup for Olympic Prolific. If successful, I will be returning to say…

2 Likes

I’m in the Proctor area. Played Allenmore once a couple of years ago - that’s not too far from me.

1 Like

Hey fellow refugees! I’ll be up in Washington with the wife visiting a friend first weekend of July and managed to get a single time at Chambers for Monday the 11th at 10:36 if any locals are free and able to join me!

1 Like

July meetup signups are live!

1 Like