Roll Call: The Duck Club | Canadians, Beer and Cow Pastures

The range at Musqueam is bigger than the range at Mcleery. Also they seem to fudge their distance markers so you can feel like you really have speed :slight_smile:

UBC is nicer to go to though because its outside

Informal spring golf meetup at Hidden Lake in Burlington, Wednesday April 14th around 2pm. Sorry non-Ontario folks. So far it’s just me and @duncmitchell so lots of room. Reply here if you want to join! Praying for good weather.

1 Like

Also, @MarkInVictoria just entered the 36 Hole USGA Men’s Am qualifier at Victoria Golf Club (my old stomping grounds) on July 5th. Flying in the day before. Could use some man-on-the-ground weather updates leading up if you’re so inclined.

I have a very slim chance to qualify but know the course well and these days I’m all about saying yes to cool experiences. I got COVIDenied the chance to play in the BC Mid-Am so this is a nice alternative.

7 Likes

That place looks sweet.

1 Like

Hi @tomwhita – I live in dtown Toronto. Unfortunately, I cannot make Wednesday April 14th. But I am super interested in future events. I look forward to joining in the future.

1 Like

Have you put your name down for the Tussle yet?

2 Likes

Canada’s Pebble Beach.

1 Like

Here’s a Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf (Geiberger vs Knudson) from there in 1967.

6 Likes

:eyes: I know what I’m doing after the livestream!

1 Like

We go live now to @Sarah for her thoughts on the passing of the Prince Phillip.

It was probably time…

Watch the British media blame Harry and Meghan- that will get ugly

3 Likes

If it wasn’t for these two outcasts this otherwise perfectly healthy old man would have lived another 15 years.

3 Likes

Took him down in his prime really

2 Likes

What an absolute delight of a day out at Tarandowah with @bordercity, @duncmitchell, and my NLU fan but non refugee friend Shane.

Conditions were rully tough thanks to some lightning quick greens and a brisk wind that didn’t let up at all throughout the round. But it was a perfect day for some Wolf action and a blast was had by all.

11 Likes

FuckThatGuy.gif

Also, maybe this’ll polish the queen off too - losing her husband and (presumably) cousin in the same instance? Gotta be hard on the old bird.

3 Likes

I’m telling ya man, they drained the vat of virgin blood in the basement of Windsor castle. Only a matter of time before they all kick the bucket. Nothing to subsist off of anymore.

1 Like

Oh

1 Like

The old curmudgeon hated Charles so much he waited till his anniversary to kick the bucket. I love it.

1 Like

We may need to assemble the Duck Club here for CC. Golfing his ball right now :dart:

7 Likes

I took some pictures of another duck club today

12 Likes