Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

Correct

1 Like

So if the next season of roosts competition starts end of July… I think a proper Show Me Showdown in September or October should be THE first event of each roost’s season.

Can we start working on this now and not count on people grinding thru end of season burnout and exhaustion for planning?

As respective captains, I call on @tnord and @Jrembold to spearhead this.

Last year was at Tanglewood. I’ve mentioned Eagle Knoll as a great site. I don’t really care WHEN or WHERE it happens, but I’d love a true Ryder Cup style full 12 member teams type comp.

We are all too cool to let this slough off again.

3 Likes

I’d love to do this again but @GreatPlainsGC are all cowards who refuse to drive 90 minutes to play golf. If that has changed somehow I’m happy to get something going :+1:t3:

2 Likes

FIFY

1 Like

You know I wasn’t lumping you in with the chaff. You are the wheat my friend

2 Likes

Up from STROH’s territory to see family and played Whitmoor north today. Got my ass handed to me. I like that place but not when it’s wet and windy…

1 Like

Lol last time I played Whitmoor North I shot 102 a day after shooting 79 at Aberdeen.

Not my proudest round.

to his credit @Jrembold did reach out to me about this earlier. I’m all for it, but hesitant to make too grand of plans because of aforementioned participation issues.

we’ve also got the roost champs in KC at the end of sept to consider. certainly happy to work together to figure out a qualification system, format, site, etc.

1 Like

Bumping this here… need some more feedback and want to get moving on the May Roost event:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/confluence-gc-google-doc-and-homepage/66383/63?u=chrismarz

BUUUUUUMP!!! - only 15 voters… prob need to cut this off soon with May 7th being a leading candidate…

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/confluence-gc-google-doc-and-homepage/66383/63?u=chrismarz

2 Likes

Love the 16th voter made a 3 way tie. Well Done.

Anybody want to play Saturday morning, 8 or 9ish? I’m flexible on where. Looks warm but we might have some conditties.

I will not be at sim league tomorrow but please vote in the poll if you will be there

Will you be at sim league
  • Yes 5:00
  • Yes 6:30
  • No

0 voters

Hi St. Louis Friends(?),

Playing in an outing tied to a wedding over in Belleville on Friday - St. Clair Country Club. Just curious if anyone’s been there and what to expect.

Thank you all in advance.
BBK

2 Likes

I’ve played there once greens are wild and a lot of fun

1 Like
Sim league tonight?
  • Yes 5:00
  • Yes 6:30
  • No

0 voters

@Nickygifts @chrismarz @anon43372372 @Long_Left_Logan @jrer34 @DivotPatterns @jpbncf

What course are we playing?

If it’s not pouring rain tomorrow me and @Jake_skud are playing Normandie at 11:30 if anyone wants to join us

2 Likes

Just had a similar thought…gonna try to get there around 130p-145p but can’t make it by 1130a unfortunately.

1 Like

Cool it’s going to be a big time wait and see because the forecast looks awful

1 Like