Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

Mid-am qualifier at Whitmoor this year I believe. Would love to get out there for a practice round

Thanks man, appreciate the offer. I would love to get out there too. Doesnā€™t look like weather is going to let us anytime soon though?

for sureā€¦it can be quirky if your first round is a tournament. Letā€™s set something up in the Spring. We have 36 holesā€¦I imagine the MidAm will be on the South Course.

1 Like

South course is narrow but fun! Who am I kiddingā€¦ Theyā€™re both fun!

Awesome, thanks for the offer, as well!

I played in some tournaments there as a junior, but itā€™s been a long while.

Excited to play it and meet some fellow Refugees!

Looks like the local qualifier is at Winghaven 8/12.

1 Like

Hello fellow St Louisans, been living here and golfing here for ~8-9 years. Just found this forum and wanted to see what other St Louis golfers were active on here.

Hereā€™s my list of best St Louis (and extended surrounding area) public courses that Iā€™ve played:

1. Tapawingo
  2. Pevely Farms
  3. Stone Wolf
  4. Annbriar
  5. Gateway
  6. Far Oaks
  7. Forest Park- Red Bud/Dogwood
  8. Acorns

Of course, for most of these places, the conditions and slow play can make the experience great or not so great. Iā€™ve got a regular crew but would love to play with some other St Louis golfers.

Annbriar and Gateway are awful low on that ā€œbest ofā€ listā€¦ lol

Welcome to the Refuge!

We definitely need to plan some NLU-St Louis meetups when the weather turns. I play at Glen Echo and The Legends mostly, so if there is interest there, Iā€™d love to host. There are also some public options I have been wanting to play, mainly Missouri Bluffs.

@slick_willy check out the RACDG thread, too. We will be hosting some regional events that should be a great time.

4 Likes

I used to play in STL all the time. Moved away unfortunately, but am moving back, hopefully, soon.

My favorite public courses were:

1. Annbriar
  2. Spencer T. Olin (Alton, IL) stop by Fast Eddyā€™s after the round
  3. Aberdeen
  4. Tapawingo
  5. Pevely

Good to see some NLU supporters and knowledgeable golfers in STL. Now that the weather has turned and hopefully the rain has slowed down, who wants to set up a game?

2 Likes

Iā€™d be down. Catching up with this thread, I canā€™t believe the comments on Normandie. I wouldnā€™t recommend that course to my worst enemy.

Normandie has great bones. Conditioning leaves a lot to be desired.

Maybe I need to play it again (vowed to never play it again last time), but imo it has the bones of an elderly person with osteoporosis.

1 Like

Take away some trees and grass over most of the bunkers and itā€™s very legit.

1 Like

Tree removal would be a massive help. I always liked 18.

1 Like

Where would an STL refugee meet up be?

Iā€™d vote:

Annbriar
Gateway
Aberdeen

Hey guys glad to see this thread heating up again

Iā€™d love to get an STL refuge meetup going

Also, I have two openings in my foursome at Glen Echo next Friday morning (@Brick will be in town) if anyone wants to play with us

1 Like

Veryyyy much looking forward to it!

And canā€™t wait to get an Olympic rings tattoo to match Rickie Fowlerā€™s after playing Glen Echo.

3 Likes

Olympic rings tats are complimentary for all guests lol

1 Like

Damn. Wish I could join you. Going to have the in-laws in town though and father-in-law and I have already talked about playing.