Roll Call: St. Louis - Match Play Info Post 2739

Out of town this weekend :man_shrugging:

Also didnā€™t want to get in the way of your impending dominance with those new ironsā€¦.

1 Like

LOL breaking 95 would feel pretty dominant at this point.

1 Like

Shot +12 over 9 holes in menā€™s league tonight with a full set. If I win this thing it would be like winning the 1904 marathon without rat poison or brandy

6 Likes

At the risk of not getting a penalty for soliciting adviceā€¦can anyone summarize Forest Park for a first timer?

Reviewed it on The Grint app and at least virtually the first few holes it made me think of this:

38l33s

Which does not bode well for my Driver game

2 Likes

You donā€™t need driver often, but you use it anyway because you wait on every tee for some barstoolies to clear the fairway and youā€™re pissed off.

Not totally trueā€¦ but not untrue. There are some spots that get tight but thereā€™s usually a spot to miss and big misses can be rewarded at times. 27 holes on not a ton of property.

Best part about it is that you are right inside Forest park, so it weaving around museums, zoo, auditoriumsā€¦ etc. pretty cool spot.

4 Likes

This made me laugh and can relate as they are up here too #shrinkthegame

1 Like

No shanks or slices on Skinker and youā€™re all good!*

*clearly jinxing himself to put one through the window of a Central West End Range Rover

2 Likes

Unfortunately the big right miss is very much in play for me

Thankfully thereā€™s lots of room to aim way left (my go-to move on that hole)

2 Likes

Forest Park gives me nightmares. There are fairways that are lined with cars and and some holes if you miss a little to the right your ball will land next to a couple in a hammock that you didnt know was there.

4 Likes

Iā€™m going a little overboard on the Happy Gilmore gifā€™s latelyā€¦butā€¦couldnā€™t resist this one:

2 Likes

Was going to say, as close as the road feels on the tee, Iā€™ve peeled some bad shots off on that hole and havenā€™t hit one in the streetā€¦yet.

1 Like

Yā€™all please stop talking about the street my anxiety is rising lol

4 Likes

Luckily we are playing early enough so the park shouldnt be as busy. If we were starting at 1:00pm I would hit putter off the tee on a couple holes.

2 Likes

Should we talk about the pedestrians instead?

4 Likes

A few springs ago my buddy uncorked a monster drive on #4 and all of a sudden this giant group of high schoolers who were taking pre-prom pics just came walking out of the trees into the fairway like Shoeless Joe and the crew coming out of the cornfields.

He could have easily ruined a prom queenā€™s evening. Thankfully no one was hurt.

3 Likes

Iā€™m so bummed Iā€™m missing this. Love reading all this preround anxiety about killing people, so sorry to miss it.

5 Likes

Ready to play my role as the Michael Block of tomorrowā€™s major. An endearing, lovable personality that people initially enjoy and then unwilling want to admit theyā€™re kind of sick off towards the end.

4 Likes

Looking forward to tomorrow morning! Itā€™ll be great to meet everyone and knock it around Forest Park

4 Likes

Here in the parking lot. In the spirit of the competition I drank a lot at the soccer game last night, have a sore throat, got 4 hours of sleep, and didnā€™t eat breakfast.

Just trying to keep things unfair

6 Likes