Roll Call: South Carolina Golfers

@FAB7115, scoot over and make room for TGT in the nest!

2 Likes

Hey guys, there is another Refuge meetup in ATL 12/14 at Marietta City Club. It’s gonna be great. Need some more out of town peeps @FAB7115 @FUwolfpacker

2 Likes

Wish I could but Fridays/Saturdays for all of December are already booked.

Thinking ahead though, seems like Aiken would be a perfect spot for an NLU SC golfer meet up at some point in the future.

3 Likes

I could possibly get down with that, what’s the details @tigergolftraveler ?

1 Like

Head on over to the Southern Shootout thread or DM @gatorz7888 he’ll get you the details. It’s 12/14.

2 Likes

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/southern-shoot-out-at-city-club-dec-14-atl-v-the-world-first-5-matches-released/14288?u=gatorz7888

$75. ALL DAY golf with food and drinks included.

3 Likes

Another Charleston guy here, member at Snee Farm CC in MTP. Used to be able to play but with 3 kids I now hang out around a 6-8.

Just moved to Greenville and live right between the Greenville CC courses off of Augusta, but at 23, can’t come up with the initiation fee right now. I’m from Greenwood, so I get down there to play some and love Musgrove over in Clinton when I can get on! If anyone in the upstate needs a weekend partner, don’t hesitate to give me a holler.

1 Like

I’m a member at Green Valley, you should check it out. It’s a little bit of a drive up to TR but the cost isn’t nearly what GCC is (amenities aren’t as nice but it’s a good course IMO).

Holly Tree could be a good option for you. Happy to have you out.

1 Like

I’m playing weds, fri, and sun this week if anyone wants to get a round in!

And thanks @gatorz7888 I’ll send you a message back here in a minute, just catching up.

2 Likes

See you there man. May rain on us tomorrow.

Fox Run in Simpsonville is a great option if you’re looking for somewhere to join. Junior membership is $110 a month, no food minimums, easy course to walk that’s in good condition year around for what you pay. Greens are small and tricky to read due to the grain but they always roll well and can get lightning fast.

1 Like

Grew up playing Fox Run. Have always been great greens. Used to be concrete in the summer which made for getting creative to hit them and stay on

Oh yeah, it used to be brutal. Fortunately now we don’t have a super who refuses to aerate. Still can get very firm but nothing like what it used to be.

Florence, checking in.

Where do you play in Florence? Grew up playing at FCC and even worked the range in my younger days.

FCC great old track

Played out there last year for a tournament for the first time and enjoyed it. Still not sure I know the best way to play 18. Get’s a little tight up around that green.

Checking in from Columbia sc. lander grad.

3 Likes