Roll Call: Rhode Island

I would be down for a walk at Metacomet as well.

Is this the great D Raiz himself?? Not to out you but welcome to the 'fuge my dude.

And @tuNfloG … Add me to the Sakonnet yes column as well. That place looks absolutely superb.

It is indeed! Thank you sir!

1 Like

Attention Rhode Islanders:

Soliciting interest from New England types in a get together at Cape Arundel on Oct. 3-4 or 10-11. If you are interested and can abide by the COVID rules, post over in the Maine thread [Roll Call: Maine -Cape Arundel in October signup in post 182]

1 Like

Played 18 holes at Pinecrest again yesterday with my BIL and it was even more fun the second time around. It’s probably the most firm tee-to-green I’ve ever played and it was insane in the best way. The anticipation of the bounce is one of my favorite feelings in golf. BIL hadn’t played since 2018 and he absolutely crushed the ball. He hit a few chunky irons that were on line and worked out strictly because of how firm the conditions were. Couldn’t have had a better time.

1 Like

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/new-england-cape-arundel-in-october-3-sign-up-here/35872

Anyone played Metacomet recently? Wondering if it is in decent shape

Played there on Sunday, yeah they’re still keeping it nice. It was ultra firm and fast. Wind was whipping too. Definitely get a round in before they close down :cry:

1 Like

Still in good shape. I agree with @bjennings210 - firm and fast.

Will be there Saturday and from what I can tell it will be my last time. Truly unfortunate

1 Like

Do we know if official D Day?

I heard as early as October 1st, but the closing “will take place in October”, according to this article.

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news/east-bay/developer-we-will-buy-metacomet-next-month-no-matter-what/

I hope it’s later in October so I can get out there one last time.

1 Like

I heard from a couple members that they were told next Wednesday would be the last day of memberships. Not sure if it will continue as a public pay for play or not as of 10/1 but all of the month to month memberships are over as of 9/30.

2 Likes

This is correct. I’m a member and my contract has an end date of 9/30/20. Looks like that will be the last day, as of right now.

Confirmed - last day for public tee times at MET is Tuesday. Sad day for sure. I may play and bottle up some sand and grass and sprinkle it at Warwick or Triggs in honor of Mr. Ross who designed all three.

Change of events??!?

1 Like

nope

Ok.

Got to play Wannamoisett for the first time this week. I can sincerely say those may be my favorite Ross greens I’ve ever played. The front 9 is absolutely outstanding and I could easily play that every day. 3 is one of the best short par 3s I’ve ever played. That opening stretch of 1-5 could really whoop up in you in a hurry (which it did me). My buddy hit it to maybe 20 ft above the hole on 5 and putted it off the front of the green, ended up like 20 yards from the hole lol. The back 9 routing was not as cool for me but I really enjoyed the 16-18 finish. Again, EVERY green was insanely cool and fun, couldn’t have had a better experience.

5 Likes

5 is sneaky good. One of the best greens there. It packs a punch in a small footprint of land.

2 Likes