Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

fellow Johnny Goodman fan. havent played there in a few years though.

Fellow Millard guy here- good on ya! I prefer Benson to Goodman. Worth the further drive to me. Usually better conditioned and actually drains. Ever since Goodman redid some of those cart paths (horrendous in certain spots) it seems like a mud pit. Advantage goes to Goodman on the par 3ā€™s though.

Worked at Tiburon in HS/college- essentially learned to golf there. Havenā€™t been back since. Place is mehh IMO. Unwalkable.

1 Like

Working at Tiburon was a right of passage for Millard kids. Bartended there one summer in college. The free golf was great, but I havenā€™t played it in years since I lost all my connections there.

1 Like

Awesome! An Omaha group. I travel for work so most of my rounds are in Iowa, Kansas and Missouri. I donā€™t get to play golf on the weekends, spending time with the family. I do occasionally get in a weekday late morning - afternoon round in the Omaha area. It would be great to join anyone. I live a couple blocks from Stone Creek which is great to go hit balls, but not my course of choice. I didnā€™t play it at all last year. Love playing the courses out in western Nebraska, especially Wild Horse as that is where my family still lives. Hoping to get to play with some fellow NLU fans!

Benson and Johnny Goodman are two awesome muniā€™s. Would love to see strapped go there @djpie @Randy @MerchCzar. I know the pro at Goodman, could probably get you on there for free/cheap if that doesnā€™t violate your egregious sanctions.

Iā€™m always up for pairing up and playing together around Lincoln or Omaha. My co workerā€™s wife is the general manager at Platteview CC and I noticed @dugmath is a member out there as well. Itā€™s a pretty fun track.

NLU meetup at Wildhorse might be too good

5 Likes

Sign me up for that one! My favorite place on the planet.

1 Like

Iā€™m down for that. Itā€™d be a great time!

NLU visit to Wild Horse sounds like a plan. Iā€™ll be around there most of the summer and would be glad to host. Currently have 2 tee times on 6/29. I have a couple of out of town era coming in already. Any else want to join?

Anyone stopping by the KFC Tour tomorrow? Have some extra passes if anyone needs them. ZB in a solid T11 spot. See yā€™all out there!

I was thinking about taking my two boys on Sunday as it will be a little cooler hopefully. Spend a little while walking around as they may not last very long. Hope itā€™s a good finish!

1 Like

My girlfriend and I are traveling to Omaha next weekend and weā€™re looking to play a twilight 9 somewhere. Anybody have suggestions? Preferably on the cheaper side of things.

Go play Benson. Itā€™s a pretty fun muni. If youā€™re just playing 9, try for the back. Itā€™s weirder.

2 Likes

2nd the Benson nomination if your looking for an affordable nine. For Omaha courses, that probably equals the cost/interesting ratio

1 Like
1 Like

real curious to see exactly where this is.

i dunno but i cant wait to come stay at Andyā€™s B&B and play it

Dont mind all the toys lying all around. you will also have to pet my dog with your foot. its really weird, but he used to be all up in my face, and then he trained himself to accept pets from peoples feet. the big dog will just breathe his hot stinky breath in your face until you tell him to go away.

1 Like

Wonder if its a bunch of Lincoln/Omaha people that want a premier private course but within driving distance - aka not a 5 hour haul to Mullen/Valentine.