Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

Tulsa has it all this weekend. LIV, Drillers, Mayfest, Mrs Loaf’s Birthday Extravaganza. So much action!

9 Likes

5 Likes

I thought about doing the same…

I took the day off. I played golf this morning. I planned to walk from the house over to check it out.

I never quite got the motivation to actually run the credit card and go over. So there’s that.

If anyone’s going Sunday and wants to grab a beer out there, let me know! We’ve already got a sitter since somehow my wife decided a golf tournament would be her fun Mother’s Day.

3 Likes

Both Lincolns are bent, yes. All the city courses are bent grass (Trosper, Hefner x2, Earlywine x2, Stewy Nat). Really every course in OKC is outside of OTN, The Greens & Quail Creek. I could be forgetting some

2 Likes

Attn @TheSupercell

1. call your Momma
  2. be prepped to pay your ‘Nader fee when Cap’n @jsmoove comes callin’
  3. For those not attending, pay your respects to Sir Gary England in a meaningful fashion
7 Likes

Double covering is a possible option. I know Quail Creek and The Greens in OKC did, and theirs did quite well. If you can get a few decent winters with little to no damage the greens start to become a little winter hardy, if you will. We have 2 courses and the Lakes course is 10 years old and it did really well, the River course was done just last year and it suffered some damage this year. It would be very labor intensive and costly to double cover ours, but we are talking about it.

4 Likes

@TheSupercell

Sorry if you’ve sent me a message in the last 5 business days and it took me a while to get back. I was in the middle of the Nebraska sand hills playing Prairie Club and Wild Horse with my associates @ThePopeofFairways and @MagicLoogie and let me tell ya, it was saweeeeeet. The cell service however, was not.

The 'Nader field has been updated per the google doc signup form. We are at 26 currently. Looking to add roughly 10 more for a full tee sheet. A few of you have registered some non-refuge folks which is what we love to see. Let’s try to at least get north of 30.

I’d be scrolling all night through the Venmo history to see if it’s accurate and quite frankly, I don’t wanna do that. If you haven’t paid, please do so by Thursday. I’ll be sending direct messages out Friday to anyone who hasn’t gotten around to squaring up. If you have paid, just double check the sheet and make sure it reflects that.

Looking forward to the inaugural Supercell Major. As always, reach out with any questions.

2 Likes

Tee times for Saturday as of right now–subject to change due to any late arrivals. If your name is on here and it shouldn’t be, let me know. Conversely, if you’re name isn’t on here and it should be, also let me know.

Just about everyone is paid up. I have venmo requested those who haven’t as a gentle reminder.

3 Likes

I’m not going to make it - baby coming any day so I am pretty much on lockdown this weekend (and the next few after that).

1 Like

My apologies-I thought I had taken my name off the Google sheets a few weeks back-I won’t be able to make it either.

Same here. I am a WD

I’ll take an earlier slot if any of the WD fellas spots are up for grabs.

1 Like

@tydavis43 @whk3 @whynotpress do you guys want the tee gift even though you won’t be there? Or no?

I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

I’ll never turn down a tee gift - just tell me how much to pay, and where to send it!

1 Like

Yes I would. Let me know how much I owe.

Updated tee times for the 'Nader

5 Likes

Love it. I’m all paid up.

How’s the drainage out at Buffalo Rock?

2 Likes