Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

No idea what the F*** a “Baby Sprinkle” is, but it sure sounds like you’re getting the better end of that deal. If the kiddo changes her mind and wants to ride in the stroller while daddy drinks beers and cleans clubs, tell her I pay better than the tooth ferry.

1 Like

Hello,
We had to do a little rerouting due to some unforeseen aerifications and are thinking of playing Chikasaw Pointe on March 15th. Anyone have information on conditions or better options in the area. Willing to drive.

Thanks for the help gentlemen and look forward to seeing playing your courses.
Ice

Anyone have the ability to help me get on Territory?

I played Chickasaw Pointe about a month ago. Greens were in rough shape but overall It’s a decent track. It does have some holes on the back that make you scratch your head a bit. Particularly #14 I believe.

Can you share your updated itinerary? That might help spark some ideas if we know where you’ve been and when

Ardmore
Courtyard by Marriott Ardmore- 5 minutes from Dornick
March 11th- #14 Dornick Hills- 9:30am (Rdvern)

Oklahoma City
March 12th- #8 Twin Hills- 9:30am (Timshel)
March 12th- Lincoln Park West Course
March 13th- #12 Jimmy Austin 8:50am

Stillwater
March 14th- #3 Karsten Creek- (Hoppock)

Not Okalahoma
March 15th-
March 16th- Dallas Athletic Club
March 18th- 9:40/9:50am Whispering Pines

4 Likes

I would probably play WinStar over Chickasaw Pointe, assuming you’re trying to find something near southbound I-35. The WinStar courses are far from the best, but should be in pretty solid shape and are still pretty solid.

4 Likes

Okay folks! Tomorrow is the March stroke play event at Lafortune. We’re down to 15 players with a few drop outs this week due to some illness. Tee times below!

10:00
ThePopeofFairways
ABR
HoselRocketeer
HaveOuimet

10:10
Hoppock
jsmoove
MagicLoogie
ChazReavie

10:20
bbdixon
tjosu
tydavis43

10:30
AgritouristSauce
DirtyHawg
golfsoupjones
SkratchDaddy83

The 10:30 tee time will also serve as the final round of 16 survivor match between @SkratchDaddy83 and @AgritouristSauce

See you broshams (@TheSupercell ) in the morning! I’ll be out there about 9:15.

5 Likes

Y’all have fun tomorrow.

4 Likes

If you are still looking to fill March 15th, check out Lake Murray’s state park course. Hidden gem, small greens, firm af, fun. Turtle Creek north of Muenster is also a fun track, albeit not Augusta quality conditions. Also, depending on where you are staying 3/14, you could hit the oldest golf course in OK: Guthrie Country Club (1900 baby!!). Private, but they’ll get you on. Whatever course you choose, you can’t go wrong with listening exclusively to the You’re Still Out podcast catalog while cruising up and down I-35

2 Likes

Shout out to Daniel and Dillion at Dornick Hills. Fantastic hosts even if you couldn’t figure out my dad’s name. :joy:

4 Likes

Next up Twin Hills with @timshel, don’t disappoint!

1 Like

Love that we’re gonna get updates on here as the trip progresses. Keep the reviews coming!

2 Likes

Coming into Oklahoma City in 45 minutes. Where am I eating?

1 Like

Where are you staying? Regardless, Frida should be at the top of the list. Can typically find spots at the bar if you can’t get a reservation.

Also, Powerhouse has the best pork chili verde east of New Mexico and the best playlist in town if y’all like a divey spot.

I would skip anything Mexican/Tex mex as we don’t have anything that can compete with Texas (excepting the south side from this take - which is where the heart of our Mexican community is, but is an area I’m less familiar with, though I’m assuming you probably get enough good Mexican food.) Patrono is solid authentic Italian but is white table cloth which may or may not be what you want. Ma Der is great Laotian food and their chef was a James beard finalist. Great pho in the Asian district. Goro for ramen. For steak (don’t listen to anyone that tells you to go to cattlemen’s) i recommend Red prime (they have a great prix fixe menu option that’s a great “value” for a nice steakhouse) or stock and bond in first national (and highly recommend a cocktail at first National if y’all are cocktails in beautiful spaces folks). Ludivine is great fine dining in a more casual setting if you like slightly more adventurous food. And if you like a tasting menu nonesuch is great and won bon appetit’s best new restaurant in America a few years ago. the Jones Assembly is an amazing space that you wouldn’t really even find in “big cities” and the food is very solid for general American fair. Chick N Beer for wings. Copious amounts of great burger places, recommend Tuckers and Sun Cattle Co if you want anOklahoma Onion Burger; New State and Bar Arbolada are also great. Drake for seafood (though their pasta and burger are also not to be missed).

I always say OKC has at least a couple very solid restaurants of almost every variety, so depending on what you’re feeling we can probably give you a good recommendation for it.

Most all of these recs are places in the “center”/heart of the city. If you’re staying in the burbs there are also great places depending on where you are, but you can also get pretty much anywhere in OKC in under 20 minutes.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone that came out to the season open today at LaFortune. Some good golf was played out there by a handful of you. Shouts to @hoppock for securing the first Regional “play-in” spot by winning today’s net stroke play tournament.

@AgritouristSauce won the survivor match against @SkratchDaddy83 so the round of 8 is finally set. Please have those matches scheduled and played on or before March 27th.

If you took any good photos today, send those to me on here or via text please. See you guys in April at Lincoln Park West for round 2!

6 Likes

…saving this for my own future reference…

1 Like

We’re going Red Prime!

1 Like

Where’s the R4 signup?

it doesnt exist yet. Ironing out some details/Texhoma regional talks.

2 Likes