Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Need a caddie for Camargo? I’m serious.

1 Like

So this is sorry of funny / tragic for those who get the magic of Camargo:

My old boss is a well-to-do. Her husband is one of the top financial planners in the city, and she does very well for herself. House in Hyde Park, kids in the private catholic school, go to church every Sunday, part of the Cincinnati dinner club downtown, junior league, all that stuff.

They joined Cincinnati CC last year for a pure social angle. Kids are involved with swim team, golf lessons. None of them are golfers, played with her husband a few times and it’s just not his hobby. Fine. Well, they get on this inter-club mixed couples team between them, Kenwood, HP, and Camargo…the PLAY THERE EVERY 4 WEEKS. So here I sit in my cube, hearing her talk about their boozy round at Camargo in the golden hours on a Wednesday night, rotting inside my soul.

Guess I should just play the Am qualifer…

3 Likes

I’m not a very good player, but when I lived in Ohio, I seriously considered “lowering” my handicap enough to get into the Am Qualifier at Camargo, just to play the course. I’m sure I would have received a letter from the USGA, but it would be worth it. The one time I was invited to Camargo (after I moved out of the state), we never got further than the pro shop. 6 inches of rain in 24 hours. Went to Top Golf and drank PBRs. Similar experience, I’m sure.

3 Likes

haha if I make the trip I’ll let you know

Although, I could very well see this being an infiltration from @Lazstradamus to have you roast my swing during the qualifier and ruin me for life

2 Likes

1 Like

Knew it. Stay far away from me and my fragile mental state.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have discovered hell.

Just joined the site…

Live north of Dayton, member at Miami Valley GC

2 Likes

Welcome. Take a look around. I recommend the Roast My Swing thread.
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/roast-my-swing-refuge-edition/5140

1 Like

@IlliniGolferHack Do Camargo for sure just because it’s much more difficult to get onto. Moraine is fantastic though

1 Like

Any advice for someone playing Inverness for the first time this year?

Enjoy it!

1 Like

Keep it below the hole and if you are going to miss the fairway you are better off missing BIG than missing small in most places. Let me know if you need another I am at the course 3-4 days a week.

1 Like

Thanks @Blake and @jgolf1 I have really been looking forward to it and hope to get up there before the Junior.

Enjoy, because it is darn near impossible to get out there. Guessing you know a member?

1 Like

Actually bought a foursome through a fundraiser for the Evans Scholars Foundation. Seems like I’ve met a handful of members since then.

I’ll make sure to drop you a line once I get everything set up. Also have a round at Toledo CC booked for later in the year. Let me know if you’re interested in joining if someone drops out.

Unrelated but try to make it up to Ann Arbor to play U of M’s course if you get a chance. It’s rough around the edges but has some incredibly fun green complexes throughout

Sounds good. Yea if someone can’t make it I would jump in if able. I have never played the U of M course… only parked on it haha

UM Is a good spot. Would love to get back up there.

1 Like