Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Never

Columbus currently. Grew up in Springfield playing mostly Mitchell Hills and Springfield public courses Snyder (rip), Reid, National Links, and Windy Knoll. Still play mostly public courses in Columbus, Springfield, or Dayton. I played at the OSU courses a ton in college and like to get back there occasionally.

Itching to play.

west side of Cleveland here. home course is the new Troon property in elyria, Valley of the Eagles. ready for the season to start, would be cool to play with some NLU fans

2 Likes

Columbus. Caddied at Winding Hollow CC back in the 1980s when I was in high school. (It’s a Columbus muni course now: Champions.). I play mostly at Blackhawk north of Westerville, but make my way around munis all around Central Ohio.

Columbus as well. Live on the east side and play pretty much anything public on this side of town - Royal American, Cumberland Trail, NA Links, Blackhawk, Denison, etc. Looking to play on a more regular basis this summer, ok with driving a bit to play different courses.

For the folks that live in Columbus and surrounding areas, you might not be aware but a fellow Refugee, @2PuttBogey, hosts a golf scramble fundraiser every year. I was unable to play in 2018, but I hope to play this year.

Their website still has the 2018 info up but think of this as a save-the-date announcement:

Thanks for the bump. This year’s outing will be on Monday, 9/30 at Kinsale and Scioto Reserve. I’ll post some additional info soon. Would love to see as many people come out as we can. And if you win the long drive contest you’ll win NLU Pro Shop credit!

2018 Little Hercules Golf Classic Dinner Video Recap

1 Like

@mstuewe If I’m in the Cleveland area at all this summer I’d be down to play

I’m in stow.

1 Like

Columbus and Central Ohio refugees: take a look at The MGA - Columbus Chapter. I did, I liked what I saw, and I joined. I had a really pleasant interaction with the Chapter President: he has a wry sense of humor.

I’ll be playing every one of their events this year, schedule permitting. It’s tournament Golf for mere mortals! Sort of.

1 Like

Yes! I have been meaning to look at the MGA for Cincinnati. Thanks for the reminder!

Wait what is this? I might look into it as well…

Is anything open this weekend? I would legit drive the 4 hours from Buffalo to play somewhere. Yes I know I could just call any of these places.

I’ve been apart of the Columbus MGA for 2 seasons and I think you will really enjoy it. it’s a great group of guys who just want to play golf, have fun and bust balls. They even do a Ryder Cup style competition at the end of the season between all the different chapters in Ohio.

1 Like

Ohio Refugees…

Planning my summer schedule of am tournaments and saw that two great courses popped up as qualifiers for the US Am.
Camargo and Moraine.
If you had to pick one, which would you choose?

Unsure if Moraine hosts every year but Camargo does if that plays into it.

1 Like

Very good to know…
Ohio is a much more realistic option, but ultimately trying to convince my GF to let me drive down to Trinity Forest for a one day qualifier lol

Camargo may host every year, but it’s impossible to get on otherwise. They won’t even let course-raters on unless there’s someone vouching for them.

5 Likes

Camargo is a million times tougher to access without a member. Go for Camargo if you can.

3 Likes

Camargo would be my choice. Very hard to get on otherwise. It’s also a Top 100 course in the world.