Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Thanks for bookmarking me and sorry I hadn’t followed up. Y’all enjoy tomorrow

1 Like

Anyone in NEO need a fourth for early next Sunday?

So how was the round yesterday?

1 Like

Surprisingly good. Course was in great shape, greens were slow but super tricky. @twturner absolutely destroys the ball and @smithburger’s traj was aspirational. Even after waiting on a few holes, finished in under four hours.

4 Likes

Anyone in NEO interested in trying to muster a Friday afternoon round? Could run just nine if that works as well. Have clubs, will travel (within reason)

1 Like

In the hopes of a good-size meetup, I booked a block of 4 times for Manakiki next Saturday, 10/2. I confirmed they aerated fairways yesterday and aren’t doing greens until 10/4 so course should be in good shape.

Link to signup is below. It’s my first google sheet and it was done on my phone so forgive any errors. But, it should be set to let anyone edit. If not let me know and I’ll get it figured out. Hope we fill it up the block and go hit some cups! Shoutout @flanwilder for helping me get the sheet working.

6 Likes

Hey guys, new to NLU. Eastside CLE looking to get back into playing more golf after a few years of not playing as much as I’d like. Mid teens cap, prefer to walk. Learned to play while caddying growing up near Pittsburgh. Wish I could make the 10/2 Manakiki meetup but I’m busy that day. Would love to join some of the meetups especially after October 12 when Metroparks fall rates go into effect!

4 Likes

Welcome! I’m sure that will happen, tons of CLE guys. I’m in Toledo and always down to tee it up. Still need to find a halfway course between cle and tol

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! Parma Heights here. Great group of guys in NEO. Mostly walkers, varying handicaps, but all fun to play with. I’m out the couple weeks after 10/2 but am all in for late October golf.

2 Likes

So after 3 rainouts the last two months, it is finally going down in a few hours. Will report later. :eagle::eagle:

5 Likes

Anyone in the Columbus area want to try to get out this week? My schedule is very light and trying to finally log some rounds this fall.

I’m in Dublin but can maneuver around a reasonable distance.

2 Likes

Just bumping that there are still plenty of spots available for Saturday morning at Manakiki. I’m going to consolidate using the earlier times /cancel any unused times Friday afternoon.

3 Likes

Looking forward to launching it Saturday - thanks for setting it up

2 Likes

I may be able to make Saturday at Manakiki, hopefully I will know tonight.

1 Like

Out of town this weekend but would be into finding a round if the weather continues to cooperate moving into October.

3 Likes

taps mic

Hello, Ohio.

I’m new around these parts but my old man is out in your neck of the woods this week, playing Columbus CC for a tourney. Being from California, Ohio is not often visited by him. Anyways, he’s been raving about the course. He sent over a couple pics. Sounds like the greens are diabolical. Here’s the live scoring of anyone is interested. He’s the dude from Modesto. 2021 National Super Senior Championship Event :: Tournament Results

7 Likes

hearing Columbus is welcoming to the logoless bucket. can you confirm those reports?

1 Like

I was a member at Columbus CC back in 2011-12. I enjoyed the course but that was before the restoration work which was completed a few years ago. I’ve been wanting to get back to Columbus at some point to check out the restored version as my friends who are there love it. The conditions in September and October, when the weather is cool, dry, and lower humidity makes it ideal.

1 Like

I’m a BIG proponent of Columbus CC being one of the best clubs in the state. It isn’t Inverness or Camargo but it’s better than a majority of the “big boys”. I saw Big Randy there this summer and we agreed it’s arguably top 3 in Columbus.

I haven’t played Double Eagle or Golf Club for Transparency.

4 Likes

I can’t make the Manikiki meetup as well but hoping to play later in October. This summer ended up being more hectic than anticipated.

1 Like