Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

This is probably a stupid post but does anyone in Dayton or vicinity need a club shipping box? I have too many but I hate to throw them out.

Played Quarry today. Super fun, lots of deceiving holes that play different than how they look and some beautiful holes.

8 Likes

Some of the tees from the tips are absolutely ridiculous…but it’s still a fun place. Hope you had a great time

1 Like

Just read through a bit of the Altamont…man that looks fun. Wish I could make it. Do the plans for the later events start in here?

Headed out to Dennison for the first time this Friday. Needed to be about 20 miles west of Granville anyway so decided to make a detour to the course. Booked a 11:00 solo walking tee time if anyone wants to join. Also hoping to hear any food recommendations you guys have in the area (important to note that I am on a college budget)

Here or in the event’s thread. There’s an Ohio event next May in Findlay. Come one come all, unless youre a scumbag. Then GTFO.

2 Likes

Go Flyers, Go America, Go Vote!

7 Likes

I was looking to play at Virtues this Saturday. They have an event that blocks off the day.
Greens Keepers Revenge.

1. One step from the furthest back edge of the back tee boxes.
  2. Pins are located on the slopes or the most unreasonable locations.
    https://www.thevirtuesgolfclub.com/event/greens-keepers-revenge/

That course plays hard enough for on a good day, but this could be fun.
This is the first time they are doing the event but I am guessing they will do it again because it is sold out and has a waiting list.
6 hour rounds?

1 Like

my lord Virtues from the tips is such a bear, with fall winds 18 might play to a real par 5, even in a scramble.

2 Likes

Played Belterra from the tips this past Sunday in the wind and it was almost impossible. Virtues would be equally as hard.

2 Likes

Never played Belterra but that’s no the first time I’ve heard it comped to Virtues.

2 Likes

I played in it 3 years ago and it was absolutely brutal. I remember the guys we played with 5 putted hole 1.

Hopefully weather will be kind to you bc the tourney is so tough.

Blatant cross post from Cincinnati thread, we have some great Cincinnati sports items coming up for auction for the Altamont!

1 Like

Hey fellas,

Brand new to the refuge. Live in Columbus and am excited to join this thread based on everything I’ve read thus far.

Just started playing seriously within the last 18 months and am a 15 handicap. Have some decent rounds and plenty of tough ones but really just enjoy playing, learning the game, and trying to improve.

I know the season is coming to a close but looking forward to being part of this group and hopefully playing with some of you in the future!

20 Likes

Welcome to the show! Love to see the game growing in Ohio.

Throwing this out to whoever might need plans tomorrow’s beautiful afternoon, I just had my playing partners bail and have a 1:18pm tee time at Bunker Hill. 3 openings now, its just me. Weather is going to be perfect by November’s standards.

I played 18 at Dayton Community today. Is it the best golf course in the world? Hell no. But I forgot how much I enjoy the outside (hills) course. I hadn’t played it in ages and really enjoyed it.

Plus I shot my best score in decades, which doesn’t hurt the cause.

5 Likes

Anything resembling outdoor golf this time of year is a positive. If it turns out to be a great round even better!

It was a perfect day to take PTO and go launch em. Playing again tomorrow!

1 Like

any day is a good day to pull pto for golf haha

1 Like