Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Anyone interested in Browns tickets for tomorrow? My wife stumbled into two tickets and wants to sell them

Got the below response from Manakiki in regards to fall maintenance:

If anyone gets maintenance intel, do share. Not enough courses mention on their sites what the fall maintenance plan is.

2 Likes

Visiting my brother in Cincinnati a few weeks ago, he took me to Vineyards and Blue Ash, and I’ve got to say, the muni scene in Cincinnati is top notch.

3 Likes

Most greens are punched at Sleepy, hole 14 is closed, and a couple greens (3, 16?) have strips in them, looked like same drainage work happening on 14 green. A few other greens have some sort of aeration done I hadn’t seen before. Super slow green speeds but $26 to walk

That’s what Mark was telling me. I do most of my booking these days by calling the course, and I’d say at least half the time they don’t mention it. MetroParks doesn’t post anything on their site. I hate fall maintenance season, but get that it’s really important. Just tell people to expect it is all.

Why is 14 closed?

Anyone looking to play on Friday afternoons in Cincy until the weather gets too bad to play?

League wrapped up last night and I’m looking to keep playing.

Can probably make anywhere in town work.

Installation of drainage pipes under the green

1 Like

Any interest in a round at Manakiki next Friday the 30th? Taking the day off, and have the morning to kill time before family travel. Wide open ATM, looking to launch em before 9 AM.

Open to playing anywhere, just know that they still will have not punched greens.

1 Like

Just an FYI they currently have hole 4 closed and 5 and 16 are next for new green drainage. Milt said they’d be done in 6 days or less. I’d call and get an update if your going to kiki.

2 Likes

What are the chances that hole 4 starts obeying gravity? I’ve never seen such a sloped green that somehow gains speed going uphill.

Its gotta be the way they cut it right? Cutting the grain uphill could induce the illusion of this. I know grain isn’t a huge thing in Ohio, but it exists.

2 Likes

Plus whatever grain that is there is growing towards the lake. So yeah, not common but it can be a thing.

1 Like

4 Likes

Is anyone here a member at Little Turtle, or know someone who is? I have a few questions about the club. Thanks y’all!

1 Like

I have a friend who just joined a month or two ago

Not strictly maintenance, but here are some pictures of the tee box work ongoing at Canterbury, for those that might be interested.

15 Likes

Damn, I need that red machine for like 30 minutes to just shred and level my whole yard.

1 Like

We are raffling a putter off for the children!

New Clicgear 4.0 Black on FB market in North Olmsted for $160.

3 Likes