Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

While others will say this is sick, and it is, my first thought as a relatively new first time dad was “he had to manage two 18 month olds at once?!” I’m sure it’s amazing, but barely managing one small child gives me the shakes at the thought of doubling that effort.

4 Likes

Trust me, managing two five year olds at once isn’t as easy

3 Likes

In the southern Columbus area and will definitely be down to check it out with you at some point in the near future!

1 Like

Hey all, hopping in to introduce myself. Currently live over in Grand Rapids but my wife and I just bought a place on the east side of Cleveland. Plan is to make the move in mid-to-late June. Wanted to see what the Ohio crew has planned for the summer and just get my name out there as someone who is looking forward to hitting the links with y’all this summer!

13 Likes

Welcome and congrats on buying a home! You might want to join the whatsapp group (the link should be in here somewhere), as it’s fairly active.

I’m pretty new to the area as well and so far I’ve enjoyed playing with everyone I’ve met through here. Don’t hesitate to give me a shout with any new Clevelander questions, we probably wondered the same things upon moving here.

4 Likes

You should all sign up for the Findlay event next weekend and sign up for the Roost. It’s what all the cool kids are doing.

5 Likes

Hey I’m on the east side of Cleveland. What area are you moving to?

Welcome! I lived in GR for 6 years and my wife lived there until we got married 2 years ago. Love GR. Pilgrims Run is incredible.

West Side for life

5 Likes

Welcome to Cleveland! But I’m with @flanwilder on this one. West Side = Best Side.

4 Likes

Yeah I grew up on the Eastside and the west side is better. Sad but true. That’s why there’s so many of us living on the west side when we became adults.

2 Likes

I just talked to a guy at the Cleveland metroparks and he said right now they don’t have any plans to go on GolfNow this year. It’s “in negotiation” according to him.

Thats a bummer, I could play Manakiki Friday afternoon for like $20 - $30 in the summer through the deal tee times.

New addition here, just wondering if there are any other Toledo area golfers on the Roll call?

1 Like

This is interesting, I actually think their tee time system is nice the way it is. I suppose switching to something like this will guarantee them getting money since you don’t have to put anything up to make one now. I just really hate the way tee time systems almost always make you reserve a cart when you book digitally, so I end up calling to do it without a cart.

1 Like

We have about ten guys from NW ohio, I’m from Toledo, couple sylvania guys. We do have 125 in our roost though!

3 Likes

If you’re a member of their bonus rounds program you don’t get points for booking through GolfNow. If you’re not a member I highly suggest it.

how often do you get rewards? I joined this year but I dont know what I actually get with it.

Your receipt will show your points. Your points are a dollar amount you use toward greens fees. I usually get at least 2-3 18 hole rounds for free through the program. You get a free 9 just for signing up. I believe it’s a $30 fee to signup.

2 Likes

Their in house tee time system is totally fine. In the past they have always done both, and you could book either way. The golf now deal times combined with the bonus rewards were really good if you could get out in the middle of the day. They do automatically book with a cart thought, which I don’t mind. You can choose not to use it.

Welcome! West side here as well. To quote the great and powerful @Brick (as great and powerful as someone on the east side can be) “Golf with internet friends is undefeated.”

4 Likes