Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Big news on the BTP (Bag tag program) front

Given that virtually everyone has selected the same option I’m going to roll with Maple and logos on both sides, the only variations were in how people wanted their names/refuge handles and cord color. Given mega advances in production technology (#lasers spurred on by some long winded handles and the need to produce these at a relatively rapid clip) I can now make these at significantly higher “resolution”. What does this mean for you? You can have your name and handle (or some variation thereof) along with the logos. I’ve adjusted the options accordingly on the sheet. Unless I knew otherwise I preset everyone as handle only but take a look to confirm your choices. I’m limiting it to 20 characters on the name/handle @PlumbBobMillionaire clocks in at 19 thus holding the record for the Roost.

OATW Production run will begin toward the latter half of next week. Have no fear if you miss out on this run either, I’ll be able to make them on demand going forward

if you don’t want to dox your IRL name on the sheet but would like it on your tag just DM me directly. Also should we include the “@” with the handle?

• Include the “@”
  • Just the handle
  • my handle my choice
0 voters
6 Likes

Can confirm. Let me know if you make the trip and I can assist with this.

1 Like

I will try to swing that event too! Early to commit. But I will see. Maybe I’ll bring the family for a weekend.

2 Likes

Got cleared by my neurologist that I can drive again. Drove yesterday for the first time since last March- It was fucking weird.

I’ll definitely sign up for the Cleveland and Columbus events when they are posted. Hopefully my vertebrae have healed by then.

22 Likes

Great to hear man keep on healing up

12 Likes

Great to hear! Was wondering if you’d seen all the developments. Hope to see you this summer!

1 Like

Physical therapy 3x a week. Still can’t lift anything over 10lbs. Lots of core and leg work. I can walk small distances without my cane, but strength is still not there. I can make practice swings without the club.

Every day I wake up feeling blessed I’m alive.

14 Likes

I remember this being discussed on here recently but I’m having trouble finding it.

What are the good practice/simulator spots in NE Ohio again?

The Clubhouse in Beachwood is good.

1 Like

Hitterz in North Ridgeville

3 Likes

Tiki signup is live

9 Likes

I got a copy of Tom Doak’s Confidential Guide Vol. 3 - The Americas (summer destinations) for Christmas and thought some of y’all might like to see some of his Ohio course reviews, including at least one course hosting an event. I’ll put the Doak Scale, too, since it’s helpful and hilarious.

I played Denison once in college (I went to school in NE Ohio) and found the “three banal holes” to not be quite as ruinous to the overall course as Doak does – but he’s a lot harsher than me. There’s a sweet two page spread on Fowler’s Mill, which is a course I love. Had to throw Camargo in – I’m a Raynor fanboy.

You may need to open the images in a new tab and zoom in to read the text.

Doak Scale:

Denison:

Fowler’s Mill:

Inverness:

Brookside:

The Country Club:

Camargo:

Kirtland:

11 Likes

I got it as well. Found volume 5 for 50 bucks on eBay. Now just need the other 2.

2 Likes

Very cool. What other Ohio courses are in the book?

There’s a bunch but unfortunately the book doesn’t list them out anywhere otherwise I’d post a screenshot of the ToC

I’d like to formally request Moraine since it is the site of the match play final and a sick ass course.

3 Likes

Doak actually hasn’t seen it. But Ran has.

Note that 8/10 is “worth a special trip to see” so I guess I’m heading to the range daily come rain, snow, or whatever to sharpen up before the matchplay starts.

6 Likes

As we have touched on a few times in this thread, it’s an absolute treat. I am starting to love it more than Camargo but need more reps at each to take a firm stance.

2 Likes

I need some rich friends.

14 Likes

That’s also an 8/10 BEFORE the restoration (based on the picture). Wow.

Edit: Just confirmed. Looks like the restoration was completed in 2016. So they saw it just before it underwent that transformation.

2 Likes